No announcement yet.

New puzzle format - looking for feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS: I've also downloaded Internet Explorer 8 (beta) and testing has shown a huge improvement over IE6/IE7. If you absolutely love Internet Explorer you may want to try upgrading to IE8 and see if that improves things for you:

Explore the versatility of Microsoft’s Windows 11 operating system. Find out how our latest Windows OS gives you more ways to work, play, and create.

Comment

OK

Thanks for the info--I'll give it a shot.

Comment

Great - please do let me know either way whether or not it helps alleviate the lag time for you.

Comment

Originally posted by maradnu View Post
          Twice now, I've been working puzzles, stopped to check my scores, gone back and loaded and worked another puzzle, then when I hit 'enter' it tells me I'm not authorized to complete the puzzle in competition format.

When I look, I find I'm logged out. When I log back in the completed but unchecked puzzle is in my 'recent' puzzles. I have to reopen it, then click 'check' and I am credited with the completion.

Kinda screws up the time on the puzzle it happens to though.
          I'm having the same problem and I don't understand it. Except I will be just working the puzzle and when I'm finished I click "check it" and it says I'm not logged in. I admit that some of them have been a few minutes long (I'm a little slow), I don't see how it could do this.

Admin - any suggestions?

Thank you,

MW72

Comment

Originally posted by mysticwarrior72 View Post
            Admin - any suggestions?
            Two things that fix this problem 99% of the time:

1. Make sure you check the "Remember me?" option when you login - this will cause your cookie to persist.

2. Make sure you have cookies enabled on your browser. High security settings and some anti-virus software with particularly sensitive settings may disable your cookies, but our site requires them in order to be able to remember that you're logged in.

If that doesn't help, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
              Two things that fix this problem 99% of the time:

1. Make sure you check the "Remember me?" option when you login - this will cause your cookie to persist.

2. Make sure you have cookies enabled on your browser. High security settings and some anti-virus software with particularly sensitive settings may disable your cookies, but our site requires them in order to be able to remember that you're logged in.

If that doesn't help, let me know.
              Thanks! I'll see if that helps. Great site by the way. It keeps me out of trouble

MW72

Comment

I had a problem until some weeks ago with lag time, but not any more. However, Mozilla has automatically updated Firefox and I'm now using release 3.0.3. I haven't had any slowdowns since and my solve time is astonishing. However, I know that once Bansai gets used to the changes, I'll be eating dust again ;-)

Comment

Insert Image

Stephen, can you change "Insert Image" so that it can also browse images in my own computer, rather than just take the url of an internet image? You may have noticed I have a habit of adding goofy pictures to posts.

Comment

pics

Speaking of your pics, Bansai, keep them up! They often make my day.

Comment

The letter frequncies are wrong. Some uzzles say that there are 15 of the letter Y and not one Y in the whole puzzle. It throws me off.

Comment

Y oh Y

It means that there are 15 of whatever the y stands for not 15 ys. Probably e.

Comment

Working...
                        X