Up all night, stumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up all night, stumped

I was playing "Legends of Murder: Stonedale Castle" an adventure mystery game from 1989, that i found in an old archives folder. I am officialy stumped, with nothing to go on but a jesters cryptogram clues, that me and my buddy have been working on ALL NIGHT, and now that my g/f woke up she told me that such a thing exists as cryptograms and here i find myself, desperately hoping that the experts' here can release me from my torment.

1: "wd mbtt wxe zubsdf, tmbf wxe fbve ndyfz icwxcf"

2: "wxct adze cf b wd e bfz efweu wxe vbxe't axbvleut"

These 2 hints seem to be in the same code since the pieces i keep coming back to are that "wxe" is "the" and i've assembled several fragmented words but whenever i try a new system with the letters it removes half the ones i though I had.

I cannot begin to express how greatful i would be if somone would give me a hand with this, at this point i don't even care about the old game, just this ancient puzzle that I am now hopelessly obsessed with.

Note: Absolutely nothing on google about the name, or the cryptogram in this game, except other people stumped, so it may have never been solved!

It might make sense to you

2. This Code In A To E And Enter The Mahe's Chambers

Comment

up all night

This is the best I could come up with

1. To pass the dragon, span the name found within.

2. This code in a to e and enter the mahe's chambers.

Others may come up with something better.

Comment

Thanks!

I am truly amazed, Thankyou both for you're help. I think i found a new hoby to learn or maybe i should just stay away from cryptograms or ill just lose more sleep.

Im assumeing that "mahe's" in 2 is "mage's". Now to just figure out what these riddles mean.

Thanks again for the help.

PS- How long did it take you guys? I feel pretty dumb considering how little i finished and how long it took, but it was my first time.

Comment

Originally posted by sethbest View Post
          I am truly amazed, Thankyou both for you're help. I think i found a new hoby to learn or maybe i should just stay away from cryptograms or ill just lose more sleep.

Im assumeing that "mahe's" in 2 is "mage's". Now to just figure out what these riddles mean.

Thanks again for the help.

PS- How long did it take you guys? I feel pretty dumb considering how little i finished and how long it took, but it was my first time.
          You can take a lot of time and do it pencil and paper. But there are programs online that you can download or use online to help solve these. Just do a google search on "cryptogram solver" and you'll get some links. They are based on algorithms that can solve these very, very quickly.

Comment

haah, wow i just feel real dumb now, thx for helping out a crypto newby

Comment

Originally posted by sethbest View Post
              haah, wow i just feel real dumb now, thx for helping out a crypto newby
              No, no need to feel dumb. I just started doing cryptograms myself and find this stuff interesting. When I couldn't figure out a difficult puzzle, I went searching online and found several sites that have these solving programs. Some are better than others.

"Windecrypto" is the best I have found and they offer both a free download version and online version. It uses an English dictionary attack and other tools to come to many possiblities. It displays the best result first. I don't know if I'm allowed to post that, but there goes.

Of course, that takes the fun and brain power out of figuring it out for yourself, but if you see this in another game or elsewhere, it can be a useful tool. If I had stayed up all night to figure that out, I would use that program myself

Happy solving!

Comment

Working...
              X