X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish...

that the backspace key worked, then it would be perfect. Love and kisses

I wish

When I enter something incorrectly, it is a pain to change it, and I wish I could find an easy way to do that without slowing me down.

I am really happy with moving to the next open letter in most instances.

I set 4 records over a span of thirty puzzles this morning, and one more record in thirty puzzles tonight. I used to set perhaps one record in every hundred puzzles or so. I'm sure as the records come down, I'll revert to earlier form.

Comment

Your wish is my command...

Just try using Shift-Tab. Works every time. Do I have to go back in my bottle?

Comment

Cocoa Beach Helper

You need to go back in case I need help again. Just hit the shift tab and back you go. Thanks!

Comment

I'm in Palm Beach County

But, master....

Comment

Smoochie222 and bonsaisequoia, you have brightened my day with your humorous exchange. Thank you!

Comment

Brightened?

opallady, I live in Palm Beach County in the Sunshine State. My day doesn't need any more brightening.

Comment

I live near Fort Worth so I really wasn't referring to the weather. A little rain would be nice about now, or clouds, anything cooler.

Comment

The skies are not cloudy all day?

Y'mean Ike didn't give you enough rain for the year???

Comment

By the time Ike got this far north he wasn't worth more than a decent lawn watering.

Comment

Last house standing

Evidently, you don't live in Gilchrist.

Warren and Pam Adams lost a house to Hurricane Rita in 2005, so you might think they'd be relieved their new home withstood Hurricane Ike last week.

Comment

No, thank God! I don't think anyone lives in Gilchrist anymore. I live NE of Fort Worth in Keller. I have a cousin who lives N of Houston. I invited her and her family and the dogs to come hang out with us until Ike blew over but they fastened the storm shutters, stocked up on water and, except for the loss of one tree and a bit of fence, are just fine.

Comment

opallady

Thank god that your family made it through the storm ok. I was holding my breath the entire day after Ike hit - I was convinced that Galveston and the surrounding areas were going to be dessimated and was worried about all those people hadn't evacuated. As bad as it was for people in Texas, it could have been a lot worse.

Comment

I couldn't believe the number of people who chose to stay after what happened to New Orleans, what with the National Weather Service predicting a possible total annihilation of Galveston and other low coastal areas. Sadly, they are still searching for bodies. I prefer the high ground.

Comment

I wish...

I absolutely love the new format, but I really miss one thing from the old. It used to be when you miss a letter, you'd be prompted and the missing box would have the focus. Now, if you miss a letter, you get a new screen, have to click on the link and wait for the puzzle to reappear. It feels like it takes forever to get back.

Any chance, Stephen?

PS: I sent this before I noticed the direction this thread had turned and read the immediately previous posts. I would have prefaced my "wish" message with an expression of concern for all those in the damaged areas. We just had plenty of rain and a tree fall on our place. I feel terrible about all those who lost much more than we did.

Comment

Working...
                              X