Dude's definitely cheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude's definitely cheating

For reference, the next fastest time is 10 seconds by Deanna48.
    Attached Files

Can't really read the pic very well (it's too blurry), but if the user is bombyay we've already hashed this out in the chat. I saw one day that he had 4 1-second records in a row under the records tab and figured it was too good to be true!

Comment

Will, I suggest directly alerting the admin, Stephen Ryder, to ensure he addresses this asap. Best way to reach him is at puzzlebaron@gmail.com. Include a link to this thread so he can see the screenshot (which is clear when I click on it).

Thank you for calling out the cheater. That example you posted is too complex for anyone to solve in under 4 seconds, let alone in 1 second.

Comment

I also found a 1 second record by bombyay on "The American lives even more for his goal... than the Europe. Life for him is always... being" (I took a picture but was cutoff a bit so missed some of the quote)

Comment

Oops, didn't know I had to click on the link. I just tried supersizing the image! Yes, it's clear!

Comment

I bet he's crypto-solving high on steroids. Stephen's going to have to start drug-testing us regularly.

Comment

Drug test!?! Oh man, I really have to study!
              "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I don't doubt that this is cheating - but with some of the stellar (legitimate) solve times we're seeing these days it is getting harder and harder to programmatically detect actual cheating on cryptograms. What should the cut-off be that flags a time as "suspicious"?

(All bombyay records have been reset manually.)
                If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

I think any time faster than mine on a given puzzle should be flagged as suspicious. Hah.

Comment

There are some fantastic times but 1 or 2 seconds is definitely suspicious

Comment

Well, there are a couple of legitimate players who have gotten 2 second records, so we definitely don't want to flag those. I'm not sure if a 1 second record is attainable, but you never know. I'd say we players should keep an eye on records and if we see something suspicious, like Deanna noted after seeing four 1 second records in a row, report it to Admin.

Comment

Whose fingers can move that fast?

Comment

i would be suspicious of anything faster than 3 seconds

Comment

I've gotten a handful at 3 seconds, and I can see how if I was just a bit faster I could have done them in 2. I think Eureka is right. I'll bet us players would be able to spot cheaters fairly quickly and then report them to Admin.

Comment

Will has 2 second solves and I trust his scores. I did comment recently that I didn't see how it could go lower. It sounds like Will and n-j-b don't think one second is possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X