midnight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• midnight

I am highly disappointed. I realized last night at midnight that I was in the middle of solving a puzzle. It occurred to me that since it wasn't solved at midnight that it might count as an unsolved puzzle. Then when I finished it, I went under scores and noticed that I had 1/1 solved for the new month, thus I should have 100 percent still. I mean, I didn't miss any puzzles. I just hadn't finished the one by midnight. Well, apparently not. When I checked the competition results I had a missed puzzle, putting me at 99.96%.

I didn't miss any puzzles. Just didn't finish one by midnight.

Guess next time I'll know better than to play near midnight on the last day of the month. I don't think that's really fair.

Awww...

It's okay, kat. I'll always know you really had a perfect month.

You got game, girl!

Comment

Midnight

Sorry that happened to you.

Laura had the same thing happen to her a few months ago. I'd commented on it previously. I've kind of held off on starting puzzles near midnight on the last day of the month, because I suspected that might happen.

Comment

luck be not with me...

My computer went bonkers a few minutes ago, costing me 20 minutes on a puzzle. The Gods of Cryptograms do not smile upon me lately. Lol.

Anyone know of any offerings that might appease them?

Btw, thank you for your sympathy. It's nice to know that someone else understands the frustration. Sure, it's just a game, but boy is it consuming sometimes. Especially when you spend so much time working towards perfection and having it all be for naught...

Two steps forward...

off I go!

Comment

Computer gods

FWIW - I try regular offerings to the gods of anti-virus and anti-spyware, along with some to Windows and Firefox updates. May have only limited results, but so be it.

Then again, I have my computer grab my cursor and drag it to one corner, and not readily let go of it. Very frustrating when I need to move around in a puzzle.

I also have to deal with frequent thunderstorms that may knock out power for varying intervals, along with inexplicable power outages (not a cloud in the sky). I've had 15 to 20 minutes to get back on to complete a puzzle. When I see or hear a thunderstorm rolling in (quite often during the summer in FL), I take a break from puzzling.

May you successfully appease the computer gods.

Comment

So Sorry

I'm so sorry about what happened to you, Kat. At least you're still at 100% for this month. And you still came in at top 10 for October. But I know exactly how you feel.

I was also really sorry to notice that digirl must also have missed one when she didn't realize it. That's extremely frustrating.

Maradnu, I also get antsy during bad weather. By the way, I'm running the latest upgrade of Firefox but quite often the browser will shut down unexpectedly. Have you had that happen?

Comment

firefox

I haven't had that happen at home, where I'm using XP Home edition, but I have had that happen at work where my computer has XP Pro, with a different ISP connection. At work lately, I've also had IE lock up on me on some sites.

Not sure about Vista or Mac anything, as I haven't used them.

Comment

firefox

Laura, that is exactly what happened, and not the first time. Definitely the worst "lock-up" though. I think the main benefit of firefox is the way this site responds to it, compared to the other ones I've worked with on this computer. Thankfully, it really doesn't occur that often. Previously it has cost me ...um...maybe ten minutes, tops. This one was a monster. I had to re-start my computer.

Well. As I said, I've tried other browsers and I think this one works the best for this site. Two steps forward...

Hopefully not three steps back again!

Comment

Working...
                X