Impressive Solve Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressive Solve Times

I'm always so impressed with some of these incredibly fast solvers like Bansai and Ferrym85 who can recognize word patterns so quickly and consistently. The first 9-second solve that I ever saw was by AMelodyofJuly. I just ran across another one by peaceandluv87.

Way to go!

Thanks! I'm always hoping for under 10 seconds but my brain and fingers just don't work that fast! I admire anyone who can do it though!

Comment

Look out

But watch out for the elusive peaceandluv87, who has never made a comment in chat, never posted a reply to any thread and never responded to my e-mail. peaceandluv's profile information give no clues either. As of this posting, s/he is 9 tenths of a second ahead of me in fastest solver rankings. I've been fastest solver for 9 months running, but will I be able to pull off a tenth? Who is this mysterious stranger?

Comment

peaceandlove

She probably just figured you were a dirty old man. Perceptive, what?

I'm guessing it's a she since so many of the top players here seem to be female. I'd guess 87 is birth year, making her 21.

Comment

impressive times

I think I now hold both the fastest and slowest times for one crypto - a quote by William Penn.

I'd seen it at least twice before, and the first time it really gave me fits - took me almost 25 minutes. This time I was 27 seconds, beating Laura's time of 44.

I suppose the next time she gets it, she'll go back in front of me.

Comment

Hwah

I'm not a dirty old man. That's not possible because I'm pre-middle aged. But how do you know 87 isn't her age and she was born in 1921? (there's that possibility, assuming she's a she)

Comment

peace & other stuff

An age changes, a birth year doesn't. Most folks would use birth year rather than age. (for example see ferrym85)

To most 21 year olds, someone over 35 is old - I can say with some certainty and from personal experience - having clearly passed that mark.

Comment

Meow

So where does kat come into play in this thread, maradnu? I don't understand.

Comment

so sorry...

I had meant to edit my comment and something came up unexpectedly and I deleted it... now have completely forgotten what I was editing in the first place.

Kinda left Maradnu with a confusing post. My sincere apologies...

Comment

Working...
                  X