Special Guest Voice Characterizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Guest Voice Characterizations

Did anyone catch the Simpsons episode which aired Sunday, November 16th? It's entitled "Homer and Lisa Exchange Cross Words," and in it, Lisa competes in a number of crossword puzzle tournaments. Special guest voice characterizations included Will Shortz, crossword puzzle editor of the New York Times and Merl Reagle, crossword puzzle editor of the Philadelphia Inquirer. Both were also in the documentary, "Wordplay."

Yup, I watch the "Animation Domination" every Sunday if it's on

Comment

Animation Domination doesn't always dominate

Yeah, but sometimes the animation domination is preempted by Sports on Fox, which I can't figure out. Are there actually people who watch the World Series or NASCAR??

Comment

Merl & Will

I read that they were going to be guests on The Simpsons, but I seldom watch that show (or much else on TV for that matter).

Comment

I never watch NASCAR and rarely watch baseball...

I don't mind if football runs into the Animation Domination time slots if there are decent teams playing.

Comment

Football

ferrym, evidently your nerd quotient is much lower than mine. You seem to enjoy football if there are good teams playing. I'm such a nerd, I couldn't tell you who just won the World Series or who won the Super Bowl earlier this year. If I watch an All-Star game or the Pro Bowl, I don't recognize most of the names.

I'm making this post in a sports bar with wi-fi. The bartenders like me because I never ask them to change the big screen TV to the Giants game or the screen over there to the Heat game and I never ask if they can turn off that WNBA crap. And I don't pound on the bar and shout "KILL HIM! KILL HIM! KILL HIM" or pontificate about how I could coach that team ten times better than the moron who does coach it. I just bring my notebook, so I have my own screen. I'm a no nonsense customer

Comment

Nerdiness

I guess I'm only a semi-nerd. I occasionally like football, though I don't watch much. I usually follow the results for UF and USF.

Never watch Nascar (I'd rather watch paint drying), basketball, hockey, or baseball. Sometimes watch tennis, if there's a final of a major championship on tv.

Long ago (in another lifetime) when the Rowdies were in Tampa, I went to some soccer games.

Comment

nerd

well..I can truly appreciate bansai, as I have certain customers who do have a tendency toward the ... um..appreciation...of sports. I have declined the ownership (as it were) of the remotes, mainly because I am sports illiterate and am too busy to watch or care about the television content going on. As a relatively competent bartender, I prefer to concentrate on the business at hand.
                Mostly, I depend on the younger gentlemen (term VERY loosely used!) that work with me to do the job of finding those fun sports programs that the occasional random guest finds interesting.
                I do enjoy the Redskins games...(well, not the last two ) But, while I'm working, I just don't have the time for it. Been to two Caps games recently and highly enjoyed them.
                Personally, I'm a closet nerd and don't really want to do much but solve cryptos, read, and play with my cats.

Most of my co-workers and customers would never guess.

Bansai, if you're ever in the NoVa area, stop on by. I pour a strong drink, and a nice quiet person is always welcome. I think you'd like my regular crowd. I've only been there for 13 years.

Comment

Oh, as an Albany resident it would be blasphemous for me to NOT know that the Giants won the Super Bowl last year (they do their training camps or something at the UAlbany campus... it's a big deal apparently... there are signs up all over the damn place!). And as a former western New Yorker (grew up near Buffalo) I feel the need to route for the Buffalo Bills even though they will probably never make it to another Super Bowl, hahaha.

I nerd it up where necessary I guess to keep the brain somewhat sharp. Love cryptograms, I do 2 crossword puzzles, a variety of Jumbles and other word games available on the Merriam-Webster dictionary website every day.

I also serve myself up a healthy dose (or unhealthy dose, depending on your point of view) of celebrity gossip every day, hahaha.

Gotsta balance the nerd with the "normal"

Comment

Which way did it go

Stephen, why does my Simpsons image keep disappearing? Is it a problem with the use of another's intellectual property?

Comment

Which image? I've not done anything, promise. :-)

Comment

Merl & Will

The image that shows Lisa, Homer, Will Shortz & Merl Reagle. I've now added it as a thumbnail attachment to my previous posts, so hopefully it will stay. Every time I've come to this thread to view a new post, the inserted image disappears. Maybe Matt Groening is annoyed with me for stealing his intellectual property and posting it without his permission or implied consent?

Comment

Well

I see it every time?????

Comment

Should I see my optometrist

smoochie, I'm looking at this thread once again to read your post, and once again the images do not appear on my computer. They've also disappeared from my office computer for no explicable reason. I've attached thumbnails of the image to my posts and they still remain, but the full size images I inserted within the text have disappeared. Does everyone else see my image of Lisa, Homer, Will Shortz & Merl Reagle?

Comment

Phantom Images

Bansai, I've seen them also. It looks like Matt Groening has hacked into your computer.

Ferrym, I live just south of Poughkeepsie -- we're almost neighbors!!!

And I'm a major nerd, I hate watching any sports on TV. I would rather watch the Sci-Fi channel or TCM. (Even Project Runway )

Comment

Working...
                              X