• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give others a chance

​It's only the first day of the month.

give others a chance 2.png

​​

Being a consistently quick solver is commendable feat. And sure, the world isn't fair because players have every right to break the record if they are fast. But the site has become a lot less fun for less speedy players who get an occasional chance to beat the record. Or at least if you want to break records, maybe let others have a chance to win the monthly high score competition.

Stephen could even the odds for other players a little by adding new quotes, but he has every right to choose not to do so.

I sympathize, wtvfa; I'm another who'll likely never see the Baron or the plane, or whatever happens when you set a record, unless we get a new batch of quotes.

Comment

In the meantime, forget about the speed demons and just have fun.

Comment

You could play lots yourself and qualify for the top scorers as well! Plus, lots of practice will likely yield faster solve times.

Comment

wasthrownveryfaraway I pLay for the fun of it. Records are for those who are serious, most of the time. Kickback and relax and just have some fun. Besides, the comments add a whole new dimension to wanting to solve the puzzles. Enjoy.

Comment

I have got the odd record occasionally, but have set myself the more realistic goal of getting into the top 20 times for each puzzle. Still difficult, but achievable at least...mostly.

Comment

It's so unfair that the fastest players get the top scores!!

Comment

I almost never set a record, and is has been almost two years since I was even in the top 20 on speed. The last time I managed the top 10 on speed was nearly 14 years ago. I am not fast and will never be fast. I know that and while I may envy the fast players, I will never be in their ranks. I have never even broken 10 seconds for a crypto. I go for total points and wish we still had success rate, since I could do well on that. I have no issue with some really fast players dominating speed competition. It is what it is.

Comment

I think that was meant as an April Fool's joke. I get the frustration - my giant hands make typing too slow - rarely even crack a top 20 myself. The fun is in solving quotes that don't include the words "the" or "that", and making fun of Robert Breauiaueiault. I wonder if I could make some money creating a giant keyboard for people with Hagridhands.

Comment

Honestly I do this for fun, I don't particularly care about ranks...
                    It's not fair to tell others to slow down and give others a chance, because they probably worked very hard to get where they are. I mean, it's taken me 3 years to get to a 25 second average...

Comment

I completely agree, turnip-head. I think wasthrownveryfaraway was requesting new quotes, not slower players.
                      I play for fun too, and am not particularly competitive by nature nor by talent. Just want to see what "the plane" looks like. Turns out I got to see it on a video of Bansaisequoia playing which was reposted by someone in a comment.

Comment

Ah I see, that makes more sense. I'm very competitive..
                        Those videos are so scary! They're thinking so fast and I don't know how people do it...

Comment

Working...
                        X