what the hell is happening???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the hell is happening???

This message keeps appearing and disappearing at the top of my screen...

SERVER UPGRADE: Apologies for the inconvenience, but we're upgrading servers today. If you are reading this message, you are on the OLD server, and games played today on this server will not carry over to the new server. Once this message disappears, you'll know you're on the NEW server and your games will count as normal.

Is it me, or is this affecting anyone else? It's made puzzles disappear, then reappear saying they're unsolved. It's cost me 11 minutes in solve times that apparently DO count. What's going on?

Try rebooting your computer to flush out any cached DNS entries. It sounds like the new IP address has reached your computer but it is still occasionally pulling up the cached IP.

All this should resolve itself within a few hours in any event. If it really bothers you this much, perhaps you should play while logged out today until you see that the "OLD SERVER" message has disappeared for you for good.

Comment

well...

It's several hours later and it is still happening. This is a brand new computer and I haven't had any problems with it so far. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what's up. It's really messed with my solve times.

Comment

Working...
      X