Another good reason to spend time here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another good reason to spend time here

"The wisdom of the wise and the experience of the ages are perpetuated by quotations."
    — Benjamin Disraeli

Besides...

“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.”
    -Bertrand Russell

Comment

"Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?"

Comment

Holy pedantry, Batman

jdege, did you know that thing about woodchucks off the top of your head, or did you have to look it up?

Comment

Wow

I'm also impressed Jdege!!!

Comment

Responding to the question about Latin woodchucks: A woodchuck is a marmot. According to the internet there are Alpine Marmots (Marmota marmota) in Italy. They live (guess where?) in the Alps. Presumably they used to speak Latin but now speak italian.

Comment

CRYPTEDIANS AND CRYPTEDIENNES?

Comment

Alaska

As I recall, there was an episode of the TV series Northern Exposure where one of the characters had an infestation of marmots in their home, just as someone in the lower 48 might have a problem with rats or mice in their domicile. Evidently these rodents also make their presence felt in Alaska. Does anyone else recall this episode?

I have all but 4 episodes taped on VHS cassettes. Do any other cryptedians or cryptediennes love this television series?

Comment

Yes!

I loved that show Bansai... One of my all time fav's.

Comment

Working...
                  X