No error identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No error identified

I recently completed a game, but I'm unable to solve a particular puzzle that some other players were able to figure out. It has been bothering me, so I'm seeking help. Can anyone assist me with the following puzzle?

Ullyk qcn moe kahofzcy vteiyr rae dqzk mv vxip xasji rxelw. Oi yugi sj etaumnt tqal ws ymsrkhjdesiq plz heel pv dnoibws iys wmvx xetfvaxrzt av kea. Cw w xjaak qon, no nrcox gbd aekh tull koc. Rvc ekc dg bx ut sxmsxt pbwr xixaalvfu mrw uwgniaj nfx apr yadi.​
    Last edited by RobinSchaden; 01-15-2024, 08:09 PM.

Is this a simple substitution cipher, or something else? I ran it through an online cryptogram solver, and all possible solutions were gibberish.

Comment

No offense, but that cipher looks like some person just spammed their keyboard and added a few punctuation marks here and there. No common word patterns and I also ran it through a few hundred thousand trials on a cryptogram solver with no result like LLapp said. Unless its some obscure polyalphabetic cipher (I already ran it through a Vigenere decoder and a Porta decoder), I don't think it's a real code. You might have been trolled by whoever or wherever you got that cipher from

Edit: I also ran it through an enigma decoder (for fun) with noting, kinda sad.
      Last edited by watermelondestroyer; 01-15-2024, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Multiple very suspicious things. For example, consider all the 2-letter words.
        mv, oi, sj, wx, pv, av, cw, no, dg, bx, ut. There are 11 of them, and the number of distinct letters used is 16. and If we consider 2-letter English words, they all have a vowel. Let's suppose all 6 vowels occur. Name the 6 letters that are vowels out of this set. In other words, try to place a vowel in each of these 11 words, i.e. can you find 6 letters such that at least one of them occurs in each of the 11 2-letter words? if the vowels are v, w, o, s, d, u, then bx has not vowels. If , you use both x and w, then wx has 2 vowels. ('ye'?) There are other constraints on the vowels in 2-letter words, namely u and i (and a) are always position 1. and e is always position 2.
        Another oddity: "Cw w ..." What is the letter 'w' substituting for?
        ymsrkhjdesiq-- this is a 12-letter word with no repeats. Does such an English word exist? Some commonly used 12 lettered words with no repeating letters are ambidextrous, bluestocking, configurated, considerably, customizable, discountable, exhaustingly, farsightedly, housewarming, hypnotizable, malnourished, outspreading, overmatching, overstudying, problematics, productively, questionably, recognizably, unforgivable, unhysterical, unprofitable, xylographers. Try each of these substitutions.
        This type of problem leads me in the direction of a 'mathematical' proof.

Comment

I'm starting to see bots on web sites that allow comments that use ChatGPT to try and start "real" conversations. The goal seems to be testing one concept or another, hard to say where it's going.

I find it interesting, as a computer programmer, to contemplate where this is all headed. AI has the fundamental limitation that a programmer must control in some way what is considered output. It's an incredible tool, but what it doesn't have is the ability to evaluate its output in an independent manner. So it can take, for instance, a bot designed to analyze the content of a message board, put it in the context of what it has stored about cryptograms, and "create" a puzzle. But unless it's programmed to do so, it won't evaluate the puzzle for something as basic as whether it's a real puzzle or just a simulated puzzle.

The danger of AI is not what it can create. The danger lies in what we use it for. It can only simulate sentience.

Anyway, it seems likely this was a bot post of the kind I'm seeing a lot of lately. Always the same generic sentence structure with the same generic attempts at engagement with the community. But ultimately a nonsense take on whatever has been discussed on the board in the past.

Comment

Anachronismatic, I think you've nailed it. As soon as I read "ChatGPT," I reread the original post and, absolutely yes, that is the writing style of a chat bot. "Always the same generic sentence structure . . . " -- so astute, and your insights are right on. Thank you!

Comment

Something very strange is that the text appears to be edited hours after it was originally made. Additionally, I ran the actual sentence portion (not the gibberish) through ZeroGPT and it appears to have a 0% chance of being written by AI...?!?!. Also, if you highlight the entire text (even the part after the end of the gibberish), there appears to be hidden invisible text that says "tunnel rush" with a link attached which could be something malicious especially since there are suspicions that this is a bot (highly don't advise clicking).

Comment

It is a bot and they were hiding spam links in the post. I've deleted the spam link and banned the account, but kept the post up since it's an interesting example of the sort of spam we're having to deal with a lot lately. The software is generally pretty good at catching these spammers but sometimes a few slip through.
                If you enjoy our puzzles, please consider upgrading to a premium account to remove all ads and help support us financially. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Working...
                X