New record time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New record time

Take a look at this attached image, cryptedians and cryptediennes. Can any of you say that you've beaten a time of five hours, 58 minutes, 31 seconds? I'm not sure that anyone has ever had such a long solve time ever before!

(Actually, my solve time was approximately 30 seconds. Good thing I wasn't logged in )

Not so fast

I once woke up to find an unfinished crytpogram on my laptop that I had started the night before. I don't remember exactly, but I believe my time was well over 8 hours. Unfortunately I do not have photographic evidence as you do.

Comment

Seein' is believin'

Actually, Anatolia, I did not provide photographic evidence since no camera was involved. However, I did show everyone a .jpeg image of my record time. How do we know that you didn't just dream that you woke up to your laptop with an eight hour solve time? Until any cryptedian or cryptedienne comes forth with any .jpegraphic evidence that they have beaten my record time, I remain a skeptic (Click on attachments for .jpegraphic evidence)

Comment

i would give anything

to have that time instead of a miss that cannot be explained

Comment

how do you finish one in 12 seconds?

it takes me 14 seconds to type it in and click when I already know what it is so how do you do it???

Comment

Answer: magic

Comment

well I've been trying to get just one record! and been finding it almost impossible... I've been one second over bansaisequoia's records twice now. I need to be a second below though to get the record right? but for me to even get in the 20 second range I have to really get the blood pumping or I won't even be close. do you have caffeine running through your veins or something even more powerful?

Comment

An intoxicating mixture of blood, booze, drugs and letter patterns course through my veins, haha.

Seriously though, letter patterns is what really does it for me. That's all I look for. I don't even bother reading the quotes or try to make sense of the words until after the puzzle is solved.

Comment

Veiny, vidi, solvi

I have an intoxicating mixture of blood and booze, but I am otherwise drug-free, and the only letter pattern coursing through my veins is "O rh+"

But seriously, my advice to you is to learn to type faster. If I am faster than anyone here, I'm not so sure if it's my brain working faster or my fingers. When I was a young man, I went to conservatory and played gigs with the Milwaukee Ballet Company. I think this gives a lot of positive transfer to typing. When I first worked at my law firm, things were less computer automated, and I would do a lot of data entry. There would be weeks when I would just put on a pair of headphones and listen to Debussy as I typed rapidly for 40 hours. (Though now that I'm pre-middle aged, I think I'm slowing down)

Comment

letter patterns

Hey ferrrym,
                    I also find that I've completed a quote and have no idea what it is about. It's all based on letter patterns. Sometimes, though, it works against me, because I make a mistake (and instead of any, or something like that) that would be obvious if I actually read the quote. I then have to go back and read it and I lose a ton of time.

Comment

Yeah, that can slow you up. I just do my best to keep track of what letters I've already used and the context based on the surrounding words. And it's not that I never read the quotes while solving them... I just generally don't unless I'm stuck on a word or something.

Typing fast is good but I don't really type my answers in as much as I point and click in the boxes. My two index fingers get a good workout as one clicks and the other types, haha.

To each his own though... everyone has their own way of solving! Part of the fun is figuring out what works best for you!

Comment

Double take________________Double take

ferrym, is it possible that you are the only cryptedian/cryptedienne who has posted a picture on this site, aside from myself???

Comment

Really? I suppose it's possible... a little saddening, but possible...

Everyone should take a little extra time to find some nice visual representations of what they are writing/posting

Comment

Once again

HTML Code:
                            Really? I suppose it's possible... a little saddening, but possible...

ferrym, if there's another cryptedian or cryptedienne who has posted an image in these forums aside from ourselves, I want you to post the url of that particular posting on cryptograms.org right now.

I dare you. I double dare you.

Comment

pulp

and I will call down upon thee with furious vengeance...(did I get that right?)

Comment

Working...
                              X