Premium Membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premium Membership

I highly recommend trying out the new premium membership, for 2 very good reasons.

1st: I finally don't have to be distracted by heaving abs, bloody fanged teeth, or a voice out of the BLUE saying "hi, I'm Laura" or whatever! (I very nearly jumped out of my chair the first time that happened, as my computer had never before talked to me without my aiding and abetting it!

2nd: the pages load sooooo much faster, probably because there's so much less to load without the ads.

Plus, it makes me feel good to think that I'm helping Stephen to pay his mortgage AND....I don't believe I've had a gold star next to my name for at least 50 years!!!!!

There are options to try it out for shorter periods of time, which is also helpful.

Thanks gryhnd51! Glad you're enjoying your premium account. :-)

Comment

Just an update - premium accounts are now set to trigger a separate template which will expand to 100% screen width. (No more grey bar on the right-hand side). This will allow players a much larger solving area, and should help prevent the need to scroll up/down on larger puzzles.

Sorry it took a while to implement this - it was on my to-do list and somehow got overlooked. All caught up now. :-)

Comment

Even Better!

Thanks for the newest change, Stephen. It really makes a difference.

There seems to be a bit more interest lately, and I can't WAIT to see how much quicker Pootie's time gets! She outta be seeing that airplane any time now...

Comment

Hey Pootie,

Since the new animation started, I have not been able to set a record, so I haven't seen it either.

Comment

Pootie and Momof6, since the new graphic was added I haven't seen the congratulatory banner either. You're not alone. I think the only way I'll ever see it is if I get a new quote that hasn't had a record set by Maradnu, Laura, digirl, Bansai, or peaceandluv.

Comment

New Record Banner

FWIW - Since the code change, I have only set one new record.

Not exactly burning it up here.

Had seemed to set a lot more records before. I think it was because the 'records' listed before the code change were out of date. Stephen seemed to indicate that while it was real time now, it was only as he ran updates before, and he had not run the updates in a while.

The banner is cute, if brief, and surprised the heck out of me when I saw it.

Good luck, everyone. Hope you get to see it soon.

Comment

The records are really fast

Perhaps the future is here, ban was right, and all the records are going to be in the 20 second category.

Comment

Be careful!

The fault is mine for playing while still half asleep, but I joined the Premium Membership just before I went to bed last night. I enjoy the game so much, it seemed fair to support it. However, when I logged on this morning, I got a strange page I've never seen before--not Pay Pal or Cryptograms. I wasn't being redirected, so I went to "history" to get to Cryptograms. That was my sleepy mistake. Without realizing it, I pulled up the puzzle I had given up on last night when my brain gave out. Unfortunately, I solved it quickly this morning. (Too bad I solved it!) I just added over 37,000 seconds to my average. I'm only playing for speed now, just to keep it fun and stress-free. I don't even want to look at my speed record now. So--do be careful about the screens which come up right after you join Premium Membership. My "good deed" just did in my record! Oh well, now I'll truly have to relax and just have fun!

Comment

To help avoid this issue in the future I've added a new field in the grey "Stats" box today - at the very bottom it will display the date and time that the puzzle was begun. If you notice that the date/time vary significantly from the current date/time (note that it will always display Eastern time-zone times), you'll know that you're pulling up an old puzzle from your browser cache.

Hopefully this will help a bit to avoid this sort of thing in the future.

Comment

Congrats Pootie! I knew you'd see it sooner or later. :-)

Comment

I have broken records by maradnu and bansaisequoi and a few other speed demons, but never, ever one by peaceandlove. She is one fast cookie. And I still haven't broken a record since the new animation. Too tired these days.

Comment

Pootie, you go GIRL!

Congrats to you Pootie. I KNEW you could do it! Isn't the banner funny?

And look at how your time has come down so much. WOW

I don't know about you, but I think that not having the distraction from the ads really helps out with the speed of solving. Plus, I FINALLY took ADMIN'S advice and downloaded firefox, which I LOVE.....LOVE......LOVE

Comment

Admin, can you clarify?

I don't quite understand your previous posting about the "time" thing....when you start as opposed to when you pick up again. If the "stats" box only comes up AFTER finishing, how does that work? I was gonna quit for the night, but went back and worked a few more....still don't GET IT.

It's not really a big deal for me, since I always shut down completely before leaving the computer, but it's obviously important for others.

am I just being stupid and tired here?

Comment

How do I discontinue my premium account? I've had it for a year and I don't play enough anymore to warrant spending the money. It's on automatic payments and I'm scheduled to make another payment in two days so I'd like to cancel it before that.

Comment

Working...
                              X