Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Puzzle Baron Site - Patchwords.org

Hi everyone -

Sorry to spam the forums with this, but I thought I'd make our newest puzzle site - currently in beta - open to anyone here who wants to check it out and give it a try. It's called Patchwords and is available at http://www.patchwords.org.

It's a fairly simple type of puzzle - your goal is to arrange the horizontal and vertical tiles so that every row and every column ends up spelling a valid English-language word. Example below:

If you do end up giving it a go, I'd love to hear any feedback you might have... I'm not going to "officially" launch the site for a few weeks still, until I know for sure we've got most of the bugs squashed. But it works more or less the same way all of our sites do - feel free to register an account and have your scores tracked, or, play as a guest just for fun.

Cheers!

Stephen

New puzzle

Looks slightly interesting.

Are you going to do Kakuro?

Comment

Another wonderful game site!

Thank you Stephen for adding another fantastic site for us gamers. Patchwork is an entertaining break from cryptograms. Anyone that has spent time on this site will find their word expertise will come in handy over at Patchwork.

Digirl28

Comment

Thanks for the feedback digirl! And thanks for catching that IE bug for me! :-)

Maradnu - Kakuro isn't something I've messed around with very much... I guess I need to do some research on it! I tend to gravitate more towards word-based games, but you never know...

Comment

I'm already slightly addicted...which isn't good considering I'm supposed to be writing a paper...

Comment

I love this new game! Much more challenging than cryptograms!

One suggestion... I would like to be able to clear the board if needed. It would be quicker and easier than having to manually remove the tiles from the board.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Ferry! I think you're right, a reset button is needed -adding that to my list.

Comment

Reporting problems

Though I've very rarely used the "report a problem" button on cryptograms.org, I'd like to see one on the Patchwords site. I think I may have already found a typo. (It's very possible I just have the wrong solution)

In any case, I'd like to be able to flag problem puzzles. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Nikki!

You've almost got it - switch the two vertical tiles (MA) and (MU) and you'll make DUNE/MUD and ENEMA/NAPALMS, and there's your solution. :-)

There should be a "Bug Report" button on the bottom-right of every page - I'll check today to make sure that's working. Because of the way these puzzles are generated it is much more unlikely to find a "problem board" than it would be, say, in quote-games like cryptograms and drop quotes. That's not to say it's impossible!

Thanks for playing!

Stephen

Comment

It just goes to show you that I need more practice! ...or maybe I should stick to cryptograms...

Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Working...
                    X