Putting new codes to the test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting new codes to the test

For all you puzzle barons out there, work crackers, etc. I have a new challenge for you. I'm testing the vulnerability of something new. Good luck at beating this.

Cipher Text:
    nyl6w3xfrqydjcym3pu0#3p6m56nwplx41p8qm448r#3p1877p rj1#c5px163np3f33myrr31mplwrwny#m522764v713

If you think you beat it, send me a private message. I look forward to all responses!

Edit: at 18877prj1# there is a space in the text, I did not place that there, so please ignore it. Every character is back to back.

Um

HI,

Who are you and why do you want us to do this??

How do we know this is not some kind of scam or spam or whatever

Sorry Bub but you need to inform before any help is given from this cryptogrammer

Don't get me wrong be glad to help just need to know the why's and wherefore's so to speak!!!

Comment

Alright, I'll explain .... I'm a statistics major up here in CT; and puzzles, crosswords, cryptography, etc. has been my passion for quite some time. Mostly I've been working on cryptanalysis ... getting the hang of discovering monoalphabetic, Vigenère cipher, etc. etc.

Though recently I've decided to start working on my own ciphering techniques, trying to mix the quickness of ciphering and deciphering with increased security.

I'm just looking to see if anyone can start formulating patterns and frequencies from the new techniques I'm trying out.

Comment

There you go

Now was that so hard? And good for you, Will Hunting!

I have tried a number of different times but no luck and used a couple of online de cryptos and zilch as well...you are doing well grasshopper however trust me there are a few much wiser solvers than I on this site...and I have faith in them.

Good Luck

Comment

So, almost a week later .... and nearly 150 views with no private messages with solutions or possible solutions. Anyone making any headway on it? Love to hear some feedback.

Comment

Hey

So we have been chatting and we cannot figure it out, how about a hint or two or even better since we are in a competition here, you just give us the solution, dude!!

Comment

I’m not sure this proves you have a strong code. There are many codes which would be classified as 'weak' by serious cryptographers which would still be impossible to crack given only 90 odd characters. I’m not sure but I think any basic polyalphabetic substitution cipher would need more text to attack and that’s just one step up from the cryptograms we have here, although that step probably does take it beyond the average recreational solver’s ability to solve. The real test is if it can bear repeated use without giving a serious attacker enough clues to crack it.

The Enigma code was used for many thousands of messages and it still took a massive effort to crack it. Now that was a strong code.

Comment

Hey

Ernests...

Maybe it is the Enigma Code????

Cool, however I think not.

Comment

A conundrum wrapped in a paradox wrapped in a...

There's actually a Mickey D's near my crib here in Palm Beach County that has a spy theme. There's all sorts of spy-related decor all over the walls, including spy movie posters, old war posters with slogans like "Loose Lips Sink Ships!", old pulp fiction magazine covers and even a CIA recruitment poster. The muzak plays themes from spy movies, especially James Bond movies. But the coolest thing they have there is a display case which contains an actual Enigma Machine--a relic of the past.

Comment

Demeaning

Code:
                    There is just something so wrong with that whole picture, Bansai, the fact that so many people lost their lives trying to break the "unbreakable code" and then to find it in a McDonald's restaurant in South Florida.
                    Are you saying, "It belongs in a museum."?

Comment

Working...
                    X