You know what stinks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know what stinks?

When I've solved a cryptogram, hit Check, and my Internet cuts out or lags to the point that the next page can't be loaded. And I try to resend, and it's still a no go. And once I DO get a new page, it's a new puzzle, and my solved puzzle doesn't count.

A pause button would also be nice, since we're timed.

I agree... I think time should stop when you press the Check button. Many times I've solved a puzzle rather quickly only to have the page get hung up, thus adding A LOT of time.

Comment

the same happens to me and im sure many others. grrrr.. its annoying. its enough to make a crazy person go sane! sometimes i start looking like ferrym85's avatar pic

Comment

That is so true

That is an excellent idea of having time stop after hitting enter or check it...cause that is when my internet lags or cuts out too and its a royal pain in the behind to have to come back and re do one and another one as well.

Good suggestion!!

Comment

Pause to ponder

Code:
          A pause button would also be nice, since we're timed.
          If we had a pause button, I don't think we'd have any record times over 10 seconds any more.

Comment

yeah...im not sure about a pause button...wouldn't that allow a user to study teh puzzle with the clock stopped? if even for a second or two. i think bansai is right about the 10 second times. that is, if i am understanding what you mean about the pause button.

Comment

pause

If we had a pause button, the fastest time would go to the fastest typist, not the fastest solver.

Comment

Originally posted by Angie View Post
                yeah...im not sure about a pause button...wouldn't that allow a user to study teh puzzle with the clock stopped? if even for a second or two. i think bansai is right about the 10 second times. that is, if i am understanding what you mean about the pause button.
                The pause button could work like it does for www.websudoku.com, wherein pausing the puzzle takes you to another screen where you can't see the puzzle you're currently working on, until you unpause again.

Comment

Then forget the pause button

When you hit enter or check it time should stop for that puzzle, and be counted at that time!!

Comment

Pause

That wouldn't stop you from jotting it down and working it out!

Comment

Originally posted by momof6 View Post
                      That wouldn't stop you from jotting it down and working it out!
                      You could, but that'd be lame. You could do the same with websudoku.com--take a screencap or something and do the puzzle outside of the time. But it's cheap and lame.

Comment

I repeat

FORGET the pause button and concentrate on having the check it or enter stop time completely (unless there is a mistake) after that check it or enter time stops right then and there. No cheating...and if you get logged out it should be counted as a completed puzzle...when say stop time I mean, stop time immediately upon hitting enter or check it not... when the completion screen comes up.

Does that make sense?... basically it harkens us back to pianoman's initial idea at the beginning of this forum post.

Comment

I agree... Pause button would make it easier for people who really want to make the effort to cheat, haha.

Let's just campaign for getting time to stop when it SHOULD stop!

Comment

Push the right button

Code:
                            take a screencap or something and do the puzzle outside of the time. But it's cheap and lame.
                            Yeah, I definitely have a "PRTSC SYSRQ" key on my computer. What's to stop me from cheating?

Comment

Originally posted by bansaisequoia View Post
                              Code:
                              take a screencap or something and do the puzzle outside of the time. But it's cheap and lame.
                              Yeah, I definitely have a "PRTSC SYSRQ" key on my computer. What's to stop me from cheating?[/IMG]
                              Alt+Print Screen. That's how you take a screencap, FYI.

But yes--I'm much more concerned about stopping time as soon as the Check It button is clicked...and somehow not losing my data if I happen to get disconnected right as that happens, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X