Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• success rate question

its me with ANOTHER question...
    if i don't sove the puzzle right away, but go back and "retry" and solve it, does that count as a solved puzzle or no? im just wondering because my success rate is plummeting, so im trying to go back and solve the puzzle, but now im not sure how it counts or if it counts at all.

Time and tide wait for no one

If you select "retry" from "recent games" and solve a puzzle you skipped over, that puzzle will not count against you in your solution rate. You can go back to any puzzle you left uncompleted in the past two hours, provided that you have remained logged in. However, the clock does not stop ticking. If you skipped over the puzzle one hour ago, your solution time for that puzzle will now be over one hour.

Comment

thanks bansai. so it doesnt affect my success rate but it would make quite an impact on my solve time right? just out of curiosity, which do you suggest? would you just let the puzzle go or would you go back and solve it and screw up your solve time?

Comment

Bwah-hah-hah!?! Are you kidding me?!?

I couldn't give a rat's patootie about whether I have a 100% success rate I go for the low times. Does that make me abnormal ?

Comment

ha! thanks for your input! that answers a lot of questions. except one...what's a patootie ?! hehehe

Comment

Angie

I fear you may regret asking that one...

Comment

good point pootie, but i cant wait for the picture bansai comes up with for THAT! (this ought to be good..!!!) :0

Comment

And once again

The mystery of the loading of puzzles rears its ugly head.

Happening to a number of people on this site.

Comment

PHP Code:
                  except one...what's a patootie ?! hehehe 
                  Please consult:
                  A nice word usually used to substitute for "butt" or "ass".

PHP Code:
                  but i cant wait for the picture bansai comes up with for THAT! (this ought to be good..!!!) :

(This is a family oriented website. I'm not posting any Chippendale's guys for you girls!)

Comment

thanks to all. carlos i will keep an eye on recent games, i remember at least once when i went back to a puzzle in recent games and i KNEW it was one that i had never tried before. twice actually. thanks everybody for your help.

bansai, i had no idea patooties were so adorable! kinda creepy...but still adorable! i wonder what rats DO with them....? ha

Comment

my time vs the fastest claimed.

I guess I'm not as good at puzzles as I thought . My average time is in the low average
                      most of the record times are about 1/10 of my average.
                      For example if bonzi had a score of 15 seconds mine will be about 150sec
                      can we have a more encourageing score average. maybe using the most recuring times. Because averageing 15sec,20sec 20sec and 300sec gives us about 88sec-----still about 1/2 of my score ????
                      thanks
                      chris

Comment

xomalley

If you take a look, there is a graph which roughly shows the frequency distribution of times. Also, the 'average' time is not an arithmetic average, according to the admin, but the median score. So the average time shown has half the people faster and half the people slower.

Sorry your times are on the slow side. As long as you don't let yourself get too discouraged, your times will improve. If you judge yourself against Bansai or whoever else holds the record for that puzzle, it can quickly get depressing.

Just grade yourself against yourself, understanding that you may have good and bad spells, but you will improve with practice.

Comment

Working...
                        X