rate the cryptogam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rate the cryptogam?

once in a while i will rate a cryptogram, especially if it makes me crazy (or in other words, i thoroughly enjoyed it!); what if any bearing does that have? does it change its degree of difficulty if i rate it more or less difficult?

It does not change its difficulty

It has no bearing on the puzzles difficulty, but if a number of players find that a puzzle is rated easy or average and should be harder they will either leave a comment or select the highest difficulty rating.

This will let admin know that we find a certain puzzle to be a lot harder or even in some cases a lot easier than what it is currently rated at.

It's purely for you to express your opinion on how you felt about the puzzle.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Edited for content

Angie, these puzzle ratings also help Stephen to improve this site by giving him input as to what we consider to be good or bad content. Rating these cryptograms can give people more of the cryptograms they'd like to see. So if you think Ayn Rand or Mohandas Gandhi are inspirational, give them a few stars. If you think Immanuel Kant or Marcel Proust are thought provoking, let it be reflected in your rating. Likewise, if you find Henry Miller or Niccolo Machiavelli edgy or offensive, this is your outlet to vent. If you think Emo Philips or Ambrose Bierce are clever or witty, let Stephen know they tickle your funnybone. If you find Milan Kundera or Gore Vidal confusing, here's your opportunity. And, of course, you can always alert admin to the "possible errors in spelling or grammar" of J Danforth Quayle.

Comment

Ahhh

Without J Danforth Quayle quotes this site would be terribly boring, non?

Comment

The site would certainly be less funny without Danny Quayle.

Comment

out of control

I've always admired him because he feels we are a part of Europe and wants us to enter the solar system.

Comment

And...

He is not part of the problem because he is in the Republican Party??!!

He makes me laugh!!!

Comment

Working...
              X