Yet another scoring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another scoring question

I play for fun--my own amusement, but the scoring seems a little unfair and I was just wondering--
    On the success rate board, I am currently #11 with 100% success with a 71.2 second and 277.5 average. The person just above me has worked about 11 more puzzles than I have, but his time is about 20 seconds slower--yet he gets 281.2 points a puzzle average. The person just below me has worked about 130 fewer puzzles, is 4 seconds slower, and gets 287.4 points a puzzle average.
    I get "fastest solver" on puzzles every once in a while--what can I do to boost my score?

Hi

From what I can determine and what experience I have...if you happen to get more difficult puzzles in your playing time than average or easy and solve them, then your average score will be higher.

Its the luck of the draw, sometimes I will get as many as 10 difficult puzzles in a row then easy ones...it all is supposed to balance out. The quicker you solve the difficult ranked puzzles the more points you will get.
    That is about all I can help you with. Or at least as far my math-deficient brain can get a handle on.

Hopefully, someone with better math skills and solving experience will jump in to help.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, Pootie--that's what I thought, but sometimes it just seems impossible to bump my score up a few points a puzzle--no matter how fast I go. To me, the average puzzles are sometimes harder than the difficult ones--go figure.

BTW, I love current avatar!

Comment

Thanks

And I agree, and the big loooong ones that are Easy...well they take alot of time.
        And turn out to be worth the least points.

Comment

Working...
        X