For Q-Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a hopeful story

Kitty has an interesting story. she was born around 7 years ago to a barn cat (probably her 3rd or 4th litter with who knows who). Kitty's two siblings were healthy, active, bouncing, fluffy little kittens; but for some reason Kitty just would not thrive. my husband and i took her and took her to our vet. she weighed 6 ounces at 2 months old! she and was skinny and ugly. but the vet said she seems to want to live so let's give her the chance. to be honest, i didn't have much hope (which is mostly the reason she never got any name except for Kitty; also because she was and is still so small) .it's 7 years later and, well, she will never win any beauty contests, but the vet says she is healthy. she's a very picky eater, she weights around 5 pounds now, she has patches of long hair in some places and often, for some unknown reason, she loses the hair on her tail and ears, so for a few months out of the year she will look like a long-haired rat. the elbows on her back legs are skinny and bony and hairless, too. she holds her own with the rest of the clan tho, she may be small but her claws...they are lethal!.

cats are amazing in so many ways, but never so much in their ability, their desire, and their tenacity to survive! all that combined with a loving caring owner, and you cant miss!

i will be thinking of you and qtip.

ps Kitty LOVES my husband and frankly i think he loves her more than he loves me!

Comment

Get well soon Qtip!

Best wishes to Qtip for a speedy recovery!

Comment

Q-tip

Hope Q-tip is better soon.

Please keep us up to date on the progress.

Comment

Tip Topper

He has had an esophogeal ( I know I didn't spell that right but I don't care!) tube surgically inserted because he still won't eat. He is nauseous and they are waiting for the anti-nausea meds to kick in before giving him his first tube-feeding. If he begins to eat on his own, they will remove the tube. It is not permanent. At this point, I will possibly be able to bring him home tomorrow night but I'm so worried. I will have to give him insulin shots and tube feed him. So scary. And trying to work to pay for it as well. Not enough time in the day. He was a little shaky when I saw him earlier today from the anesthesia but otherwise his vitals and levels are better. He just looks miserable. Like any family member stuck in a hospital bed with tubes sticking out. Only not able to talk. I have assured him that mommy loves him and wants him to come home. I have petted him and scritched his chin and kissed his little kitty head. I have told him that he is being prayed for by a lot of wonderful people. If he could, I am sure he would thank you all, as I do! Keep up the prayers...we need them! Thank you all!

Comment

Kat

After you have given him a couple of shots and gotten used to tube feeding him, you will not be as nervous as you are now.

The good news is that he may be coming home, and sometimes just coming home can help.

Still praying...

Comment

Kat

I have owned several cats. Loved them all.

A sick pet is like a small child who cannot talk and does not understand. Scary and sad. But as a rule, animals do better than humans at living with whatever happens. They take life as it comes. They do not wallow in self-pity. They never hold a grudge.

Kinda sucks but no creature lives forever.

I will keep Q-Tip in my thoughts (wonderful name). I also feel concerned about your medical bills.

Just love him and do what you can. Of course you will nurse him tenderly. Hang in there, Kat Girl. Every animal should have such a devoted human friend.

Hugs,

Andrea

Comment

Kat

How is it going with Qtip??

I just want to let you know I am thinking and praying for you both.

Want to throw a prayer my way? - hubby has taken a turn for the worse.

Been lousy day.

Chin up to you and a prayer for the big guy. And any good thoughts for my big guy would also be appreciated.

Comment

Oh NO!

Of Course you will be in my prayers! So sorry to hear that! If there is ANYTHING I can do for you let me know please. You have been such an inspiration. What is going on with Will? If you have time, fill me in.

Q-Tip is home, and making a little progress. I haven't had a lot of free time with the feedings and all. He is eating some on his own which is fabulous. Even got him to play a bit last night. He likes to chase dental floss.

My heart and prayers go out to you and Will. I sincerely hope all will be O.K.

Hugs, Kat, Tip Topper, and T'n.

Comment

good news bad news....

it sounds like qtip is on the road to recovery, eating is a great sign.

Pootie i am sorry to hear that Will is not doing so well. i would like to offer some comfort, but i am woefully uneducated about his condition. but i can still pray! and i will be doing plenty of that for both of you.

Comment

Thanks

I am so glad to hear about Tip, Kat. It sounds promising and hopefully as each day passes, he will just keep getting better and better.

Comment

Chasing dental floss...

that's a great sign.

I live with a dog at the moment... so have nothing to do with used floss but throw it away. The hunting instinct in cats, coupled with inherent grace and agility, makes their play an endless delight.

Glad to hear your good news.

Andrea

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Andrea, I am glad he is doing better as well. It's nice to see the QTip I know and love returning. His big white paws trying to subdue the floss is quite amusing. They land on the floor with a "thwump" but the floss sides right through. He loves it. He's chirping at me now....gotta run.

Again, thanks for the kind words!

Kat

Comment

Yes, ma'am...

You've got it... a contented cat.

Purring, playing, chirping (those little chirps I miss the most...).

Feline vs. canine = no contest! (apologies to dog lovers but not really)

Pootie --

Looks like you deleted the reference to Alzheimer's... but I will assume that's what you are dealing with. My thoughts and prayers go with the sweetest lady on board and her hubby. Hang in there.

Andrea

Comment

How kind of you

Andrea,

I deleted it because I was upset that night, and then realized that I should not infringe on Kat and Qtip's posts.

I am dealing with Alzheimers or rather hubby is, and its been rough.

However with so many of you being so kind and thoughtful and extremely supportive its made my life just a little easier.

Thanks, Andrea.
                              __________________________________________________ _______
                              Kat,
                              Purring and chirping - Oh My- sounds like a happy cat and a happy Kat.

Oh so glad Qtip is improving!!!

Comment

I'm glad Q-Tip is home and improving. So is Heidi.

Comment

Working...
                                X