remaining letters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remaining letters?

the letters that we have worked with and discarded - do not end up in " " "remaining letters" to be worked with at a later time in solving the quote - why is that?

Remaining Letters

Whatever letters that remain in the list, assuming you have solved correctly, are letters not used in the puzzle.

If you have solved incorrectly, the incorrect letter that was used stays in the puzzle until you find the problem and fix it, and then returns to remaining letters.

I hope this makes sense.

Comment

remaining letters?

sometimes you try a letter - that is wrong - in which case you delete it - why does it not go back in " remaining letters " ?

Comment

Because

Oh ok, I see what you are saying...some people have found a problem with remaining letters -this is a glitch that occurs.
        I have not had this problem so I am sorry I cannot help you...maybe some other players can offer some advice.

Comment

let's see if im understanding the question correctly. you are solving a puzzle, you have entered a few letters, the ones you entered are no longer in the unused letters list. if you delete a letter, it will go back into the unused letters list, but if you simply replace one letter in one word, anywhere else that letter is in the puzzle will remain there and therefore would not go back into the unused letters.
          wow that was a lot of thinking....i need a beer.! hope that helps.

Comment

remaining letters

I have noticed that many of the puzzles will NOT have the correct letters remaining after input. In fact, I've had a few where MOST of the letters are still there even after usage. It is a glitch I've been meaning to bring up, but dropped the ball. I'm glad it isn't just me.

Comment

I definitely have this problem as well, kat. In fact, it's the problem that irks me the most on the site because I use the remaining letters section a lot if I'm stuck on a word that I don't recognize, but a lot of the time it'll list almost the entire alphabet. Very frustrating.

Comment

Working...
              X