Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever get one you're sure is correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ever get one you're sure is correct?

...but it keeps telling you there's a mistake?

I have this one right now: THE UNIVERSE IS FULL OF MAGICAL THINGS, PATIENTLY WAITING FOR OUR WITS TO GROW SHARPER.

I even googled it and it seems right, but the board just won't accept it. I can't find anywhere to report a problem with a quote, unless you've already solved it.

Can anyone see what's wrong here? or can anyone tell me what do with it? Thanks.

Looks right to me too

Reset the board and re type the quote carefully and see what happens.

Is the author listed as Eden Phillpots?
    “The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.”

Good Luck

I just found one that ends with... for our wits to get sharper?

Comment

Thanks Pootie, that worked, unfortunately, I was up to 1198 seconds by the time it did but now I'll know what to do next time. Thanks.

Comment

You are most welcome

And its frustrating...and that was one of the best stumper's so far...however the only thing I do is just start the quote again...you stare at it so long that your eyes tend to miss a letter.

Glad to help, anytime.

Comment

our wits to grow - our wits to get

I don't get it -

grow - is 4 letters
          get - is 3 letters

the puzzle has only so many squares
          how could the mistake have been made when there are either 4 or 3 letters?

Comment

i cant help you with the answer to that unless i see the puzzle as it was, you know, scrambled. but i can tell you what i do when i get one like that when i cant figure where the mistake is. i go over to the stats and find the letter(s) that were only used once, and make sure that i used them correctly. that's usually how i find my mistake with those tough ones. hope that helps you.

Comment

Yeah, I just did one where the quote was:

"There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule."

I could've sworn that it was 'lives' instead of 'likes', because I figured it still made sense. I had to look it up on yahoo because I thought there was a problem with the game when it kept telling me there was an error. :P

Comment

good

but, don't bring me problemssss

Comment

No solution

Yes. It was a quote by JD McCoughey: God is dead but ninety thousand social workers have risen to take his place. The only single letters are in the first word. I tried all combinations of unused lettters but nothing worked. Also frequency list showed 21 letters but there were six unused letters. I think there is an error somewhere but there seems to be no recourse.

Comment

Because you got the wrong answer

It is fifty thousand social workers, not ninety. The reason you had the wrong number of "used" letters was because you duplicated the N.

When something like that happens to me, I watch the alphabet line as I retype the quote (helps if you can touch-type). Usually, that helps me to see which letters I'm using wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X