Pets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pets

I like all the pet avatars and I am curious to see who has a dog, cat, both, or other...here's the poll
    cat
    0%
    dog
    0%
    dog and cat
    0%
    fish
    0%
    bird
    0%
    snake
    0%
    lizard
    0%
    gerbil
    0%
    hamster
    0%
    none
    0%

The poll is expired.

I replied "dog" even though I don't live with my dogs anymore...they're at my parents' house, but I still think of them as my own. I have a 6-year-old Schnauzer/Brussels Griffon mix (Danny) and a 12-year-old beagle (Patrick). We had another beagle (Katie) until a few years ago.

I really want to get some animals when I move. Right now I live in an apartment with three roommates and I would have to pay a pet fee so it's not the best atmosphere for pets. But hopefully I can move into a house next year and get a dog! I fell in love with a rescue dog last month and it broke my heart to say goodbye.

Comment

Animals

Hiflutn and I love cute little pigs. We don't have any live ones, but our home and garden is decorated with hundreds (yes, I said hundreds) of ceramic, or fluffy, or toy pigs.

We have a pig weather vane named Vincent; we have an outdoor bench supported by 4 pigs, each holding an ear of corn; we have 2 flying pigs in our bedroom which fly in circles and can do so with crashing into each other; we have a stained glass lamp in our kitchen (made by hiflutn) with 8 pigs around its perimeter; etc, etc, etc

Comment

Apartment

I live in an apartment too so that's why I have no pets.

Comment

You left out horses. While I no longer own one, at one time I had 2 horses, 2 dogs and a cat. I'm down to one cat right now and she's not the one I had when I owned the horses. I get to enjoy my neighbors' horses and dogs and alpacas from time to time.

Comment

Pigs

I have a pig cutting board and a picture my mom made on my fridge with the pig saying " A moment on the lips forever on the hips."

Comment

Live and learn

I should have included other

Comment

This doesn't include the many interesting victims my 2-year-old cat Molly brings home, often still alive. Lately, it's moths and beetles, which is better than the full-grown pigeon she brought down early this year. 8 lb cat killed a pigeon!

One of her nicknames is Psycho Kitty.

Comment

horses and goats

i used to own a horse too, a great barrel racing horse. he's retired tho (and i guess i am too as far as barrel racing goes) adn living with the good life in a freind's backyard. i dont see goats on the list either, i have a couple pigmy goats. great pets, pigmy goats. personality plus, but i can see where they would get a reputation of being stupid ! they're curious to a fault.

Comment

Pets for relaxtion

I grew up on a farm and took most of the animals for granted, except maybe for our best cow dog, Brownie. Now after a lifetime of work in the corporate world and recently retired, it's really nice having a couple cats around. Two nights ago I woke up at 4am during a thunder storm and Simba, whom we think is too dumb to be scared of thunder and lightning but is of everything else, sat on my lap and purred, which is an experience that just can't quite be duplicated any where else in life except with a pet.

Comment

Thanks

That was a lovely story...very well put, indeed.

Thanks for reminding me how special pets really are, no matter what type.

And by the way, welcome to the site!!

Comment

pets

Hey livelovelaugh! You forgot to include kids in your survey.
                        Just kidding - (sort of)

P.S. I love your userid and your avatar

Comment

I currently have a beautiful 5-foot-long female Colombian Rainbow Boa, by the name of China. I've had plenty of other pets in the past: dogs, cats, finches, ferrets, rabbits, parakeets, freshwater fish, cockatiels, lovebirds, a Chinese Water Dragon, and an African Bullfrog. And I worked in a pet store for a year and a half. I really miss my Husky that I had last year, and I also miss having a cat around. Unfortunately, due to finances, my roommates and I can't have anything else right now. Hopefully soon, though.

Comment

Piano Man

Please do not take this in the wrong way but

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKK!!!!

Comment

i would have to echo pooties response to the boa! there is one part of me that would like to own one...from what ive seen and heard and so on i think they would make a great pet. but i just couldn't get past FEEDING TIME if you know what i mean and i think you do!!!! what is your snake's name?

Comment

Working...
                              X