Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

getting away from the 'woulda coulda' topic...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting away from the 'woulda coulda' topic...

has anybody heard a rumor about PETA's (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) suggestion about fish? in order to discourage fishing they would like everyone to refer to fish as 'sea kittens'. i don't know if it would deter fishing, but think of the affect it would have on a lot of widely uses phrases...can you picture "sea kittens and chips" on a menu?

wow...

Somehow I can't think of that catching on...McDonald's Filet 'o' Sea Kitten sandwich comes to mind....

(BTW, if you google images of sea kittens, a lot of interesting pictures show up!)

Comment

PETA also chided Obama for swatting a fly during an interview. Sometimes, the group needs a sense of proportion.

Comment

mark spitz

boy that guy swims like a sea kitten!

Comment

Food for thought

One of the things about PETA that seems very short-sighted to me is that they concentrate only on the killing of non-human animals by human animals--never on the killing of non-human animals by other non-human animals. Their speciesism and self-loathing seem terrible to me. Ultimately, their goal should be to stop all non-human animals from consuming other non-human animals. They would need to develop some sort of Purina Wolf Chow that would provide complete and balanced nutrition for wolves. Not only that, they would have to make it so tasty that ALL wolves (with not even one exception) would prefer the taste of it to the taste of deer and bunny rabbits. Otherwise, they would have to put all the wolves in cages and there would be no free range wolves. Taking away the wolves' freedom would be very cruel

Comment

Another cute sea kitten

Awww! Isn't she precious

Comment

Sea kittens & fish birds

Comment

i love all animals but i know it's unrealistic to think that humans, or any species for that matter, could survive without killing in some form. i do not, however, find any good reason to torture or abuse any living thing. as far as that article that quoted "who could kill a sea kitten?" ... LOTS if sick &$*@*holes out there! Michael Vick comes to mind, he probably uses kittens for padding under his football uniform. OK i have to get down off my soap box and do some puzzles!

Comment

Working...
                X