Threeple Peeple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threeple Peeple

Eventually, Stephen will have to add another 1,000 quotes to the mix. This site can always use a bit more color. I'm not trying to rush him (I hope Stephen isn't pulling his hair out reading this post), but I know we all look forward to seeing new quotes on this site. But, sometimes, it seems we could use a little more variety. Let's face it--we all hate Benny the Frank. Some of us have expressed a little disdain for H.L. Mencken in the commentary for the quotes. We know at least one cryptedian really abhors the musings of Jack Handey. Here's my challenge to all you cryptediennes & cryptedians: Name three personalities you would like to see among the new quotes on this site. I'm about to name my top three picks. C'mon everybody, give me your threeple peeple!

U2 and Talking Heads producer, Brian Eno.

Marvel Comics guru, Stan Lee. (He played Hugh Hefner in the Iron Man movie)

And, finally, colorful physicist Richard Feynman.

My threeple peeple

As per Bansaisequoia's request, my three people would be:

William Shakespeare (although I fear all the thou's and thee's)

Elizabeth I

George Ballanchine

Comment

Good Call

Geroge Ballanchine sounds like a good idea to me!

Comment

My first pick is

Barack Obama

Comment

Why not

Sounds good to me. If we have quotes on this site by the Governator, it seems only fair we should have quotes by the Obamanator. Plus, I like his comic book better.

Comment

Hey, how about a few Stephen King quotes? I'm sure he's said a thing or two worth remembering, long winded as he is. We can replace some of these poets. OMG how I hate deciphering poet quotes...they use words I've never heard of and I hate being hung up by one errant word. Another of my three would have to be Mike Tyson...I'm sure this guy doesn't know a lot of big words and would likely be an easy solve. My third would have to be Solomon. The wisdom shared in Proverbs would be beneficial for all of us and I love the way he put things.

Comment

Why not

Thanks for your submission, Mark. I can't recall having seen any quotes by Mike Tyson on this site. I just looked at a webpage devoted to quotes by him. I also just looked at your personal profile to see what you put under the heading, "Allow possibly offensive quotes?" It's a good thing your response was, "Yes - show all quotes," or you probably wouldn't be seeing most of these quotes by Iron Mike!!!

Comment

my two cents

this is probably not the best spot in this thread to voice my opinion, talking about Mike Tyson quotes and all... BUT...i like quotes from the bible once in a while. the NIV version though (new international version(?). it's a little easier to decipher!) NOT the King James Version. thou's and shant's throw me off something wicked.

as far as Mike Tyson quotes...i don't know much about him but...i thought he has a lisp. wouldn't that make his quotes difficult to decipher!?! [i sure hope you all know i'm just kidding...]

Comment

Why not

Sounds good to me, Angie. And maybe there are other cryptediennes & cryptedians who would like to see more quotes from Habukkuk, Haggai & Baruch.

(And if anyone would like to see quotes from the Vedas and Upanishads, the Qur'an, the Kojiki, Dianetics, the Wiccan Rede or the Tao Te Ching, feel free to express yourself in this forum)

Comment

Wha......?

Pardon my ignorance, bansai, but when i tried to google all your suggestions, my computer started to smoke and spit sparks! it's not used to intellectual inquiries!

Comment

How about Dubya? All Stephen would have to do is go through the annual Doonesbury quote-fest. Some of them could put Dan Quayle to shame.

Comment

Like shooting fish in a barrel

Definitely a lot of great source material there. Thanks for your submission, Lurker!

Comment

Johnny Mercer

is my second submission.

BTW he was my grandmother's first cousin.

Comment

Of course

Thanks for your submission, "my huckleberry friend."

Comment

a real head scratcher

“Ac-cent-tchu-ate the Positive”

Comment

Working...
                              X