question for 100%ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for 100%ers

This question is to you guys who go for 100% solving percentage...

Can you pinpoint that "pivital moment" when you decide that it's best to refresh the page and skip the 100% ? is there a point when you just say..maybe it's not worth screwing up my time, it's taking too long, etc. what is the thought process there?

One opinion

I'm new at the 100% business, but it quickly becomes a habit. Especially when you have off-site tools at your disposal.

I've come close to giving up, but whenever I do, I magically see the answer (or find it somewhere). My longest solve is 11 minutes.

Abandoning the 100% for the month must be a personal choice.

Always remember: It's a game. The only person you're really trying to beat is yourself.

Comment

Angie

Although this is my first month at 100 percent, I do not think that there would be anything that would prevent me from solving all the puzzles, except of course, a problem with the program, or not being able to solve it in the time alotted (I actually am not sure if there is a set time allotted to solve a puzzle?)

I just stick at it until its solved, no matter how badly my time may be raised.

That is my thought process.

Comment

Yeh, I'm with Angie. Hang the time! I just don't need the stress of trying to be fast. I never want to have a problem with ignoring my kids, the dogs, the door, the phone, a good TV show (sometimes I solve on commercials, or try to), or a myriad other distractions. Why bother sapping the fun out of it all with that kind of pressure? I'll leave the speed to the speedy and maintain my dogmatic pursuit of 100%.

Comment

time limit might be

2 hours. Read the stuff about recent games. In the forum, there is a report of a 75 minute solve time.

Comment

Setting the RECORD straight

Actually, LLL, I hold the record for longest solve time that no one has ever been able to smash. My record was 5 hours, 58 minutes, 31 seconds. Don't believe me? I have proof positive right here:

Until someone can furnish .jpegraphic evidence that they have an even longer solution time, I still claim the record.

(Authentic .jpegraphic evidence)

Comment

Bansaisequoia

...Now I do not feel so inept.

Comment

thanks for the feedback

thanks for all the responses, everything was very helpful. i think my problme is i give up too easily. i get stressed about how long it's taking so i just refresh the page. maybe i just have to decide and choose between time or success rate.

i used to ride, and i think one of my instructors said it best (she was talking about riding, handling and dealing with horses at the time, and she was from texas so you have to imagine this with a disctinct southern drawl)....

"Pick a program and stick with it!"

Comment

Angie

I sometimes shout that out of my car window, but a little differently...

Pick a lane and stick with it.
                  (usually its accompanied by an inappropriate hand gesture)

Comment

re: pick a lane

I say the same thing! However, driving Southern California freeways, I generally omit the hand gesture as a survival tactic.

And it really does save your sanity to pick speed or 100%. Not all of us can be Angie or Kat. Just remember to keep above 75%, or it drops you from the speed contest.

Comment

Definitely go for whatever gives you the most satisfaction and pleasure because they're just word puzzles! No need to stress yourself out about any aspect of playing... just have fun!

Comment

For two months I tried to stick with 100% and to heck with my time. Both months, a puzzle downloaded without my realizing it and messed me up - once it was on the last day of the month. Pootie had already congratulated me. I told her it's not over till it's over. She noticed a little later that my percentage had slipped under 100% and tried to let me know, but I did not come back on line till too late. So now, I just play for fun and I'm nowhere near 100% and I'm not even as fast as I used to be, but I still love it.

Comment

flopped to the top

Hmmm...I too have multiple loading issues. Tonight, 5 puzzles loaded without my notice but I did manage to notice that my solve rate went down and that I'd solved 4 less puzzles than what were loaded. I quickly hit "recent puzzles" and solved not four, but five that were left unsolved there. Now it seems I've glitched my blundering way to the top of the success rate standings with 100.05% solved. My apologies to those of you who have worked hard and deserve to be ahead of me. Perhaps this aberration will work itself out. If it does not, I will not intentionally leave a puzzle unsolved in order to rectify the situation...I'm just too stubbornly anal for that sort of nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                          X