Multilingual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multilingual?

Are you multilingual, Angie wants to know!
    fluent in one language
    0%
    fluent in two or more languages
    0%
    fluent in one language but know a bit in other languages
    0%
    wish you were fluent
    0%

The poll is expired.

Please take the poll

Thanks Danke Merci Gracias

Comment

bi-lingually limited

I wanted to pick "fluent in one language but know a bit in other languages" but I'm not sure knowing how to say "Shut up, or I'll break your face" in Spanish would qualify as 'knowing a bit in other languages' ! (My sister-in-law is from the Dominican Republic and I guess she and my brother say that to each other periodically!). Besides, I just know how to SAY it, I haven't a clue how to spell it!

Comment

I think I can understand what my dog says to me but I'm not sure that counts. I'm also pretty sure my fish is trying to communicate with me in Morse code using bubbles but I have no way to verify that. If I define single bubbles as dots and quick little bubble streams as dashes, and have computed the spacing accurately, I get this repeating message:

. . _ .
        _ . .

_ _

_ . _ _
        _ _ _
        . . _

_ _
        _ _ _
        . _ .
        _ _ _
        _ .

Is my fish trying to tell me something?

Comment

maybe?

I hope it's more meaningful than that....

Comment

Well, I would have to question his need to repeat that particular phrase over and over again. Let us all pray that my fish possesses more modesty than that.

Comment

Actually, if you really want to know what my fish is saying, a quick review of the Morse code should reveal it in no time.

Comment

is it

feed me you moron

Comment

did your fish ever belong to Dr. Evil's Mini Me from the Austin Powers movie? cuz all i got from the Morse Cod Translator site was " EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Or maybe he's trying to tell you ... "Every time you turn your back that cat sticks his paw in here!"

Comment

yes, the answer is "FEED ME YOU MORON" but I don't like his attitude so I fed him alright - to my cat!

Kudos to LLL who was the first to respond correctly.

Comment

I'm not sure if my Italian skills can be considered 'fluent', but luckily I didn't have to ponder that too much since the poll is closed.

Comment

Do computer languages count?

Comment

Working...
                        X