No announcement yet.

User-submitted quotations - yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User-submitted quotations - yay or nay?

Several players have asked over the years whether or not it would be possible for them to contribute new quotations to our catalogue of Cryptogram puzzles. I'm toying with the notion of developing this functionality, and was wondering how many players would actually be interested in actively contributing quotes. Hence this poll. :-)

Let your voice be heard... and happy 2010!

Stephen
    Absolutely!
    0%
    Nah, I've got better things to do.
    0%

Yea, but with a caveat

The submission would have to include a source, even if it was decided that it was unattributed. And, of course, Admin would get to decide if it was worthy of the site.

At the very least, you would get to see quotes from new sources that no one had considered before.

Comment

good idea

It would be nice if users could contribute quotes to the site and the quote was accepted after due consideration by the administrator.

You could always work out a system through which points are allotted to the contributor if
      1. the quotes are accepted by the administrator or bansaisequoia

2.rating given to the quote by other cryptogram solvers if and when they solve it.

Comment

hmmm....

I think it's a good idea as long as they don't fall into Bansai's "obnoxiously difficult" category.

Comment

Hmmmm

spellbinder, I'm really just another one of the 13,768 registrants (as of today) on cryptograms.org. I don't serve any administrative functions or have anything to do with improving this site. I'm just a regular person like you.

(unretouched photo taken at Palm Beach County Public Library at time of posting)
          (plus, it was a great opportunity to plug Lawrence University. Go Vikes!)

Comment

I like the idea of user submitted quotations. This would allow the number of possibilities to grow exponentially, assuming people actually participate in the way intended and do not use quotations that contain inappropriate crap (which should be screened). It would be interesting to see all the sources that these quotes could come from.

Comment

I am so glad you are just a person. I just got my all time best of 20 seconds on a puzzle you did in 10 seconds. I can't even type fast enough to beat you let alone solve the puzzle too.

Comment

Yes to user submissions, but would need some fact-checking for the exact wording and source of the quote.

Comment

Working...
                X