Has anyone solved this quote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone solved this quote?

I can't figure out what's wrong with my solution.

Before a diamond shows it's brilliance and prismatic colors, it has to stand a good deal of cutting and smoothing.

It's unatributed, so I had a hard time checking it. The only place I can find it, has it the way I tried and I got the error message three times before I gave up.

This happened once before when I was sure I was right. Does this ever happen to anyone else?

Thank You!!! It made me nuts, I never thought of your answer. Later when I googled it, the only way I could find was the way I had tried.

I'd much rather be wrong than think there was a problem with the game.

Comment

Next time you're stuck like that...

Pay attention to the letters you have left over. Sometimes I clear it and retype the whole quote, just looking at the strip at the bottom. Usually, there will be a letter that's only in there once, and you doubled it because it makes a real word (like brilliance and brilliancy).

You may want to check out the threads "coulda-woulda" and "obnoxiously difficult quotes" for examples.

Comment

Originally posted by abra View Post
        Before a diamond shows it's brilliance and prismatic colors, it has to stand a good deal of cutting and smoothing.

Wouldn't that be "its" instead of "it's" ? "It's" translates to "it is".

Comment

Working...
        X