Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of us who fight it out for 13th place...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of us who fight it out for 13th place...

I've decided that I enjoy your company so much, that I'm going to give you all up for Lent. Which means I'll be out of the competition for February and March, but I'll probably try to catch up to you again in April, since Easter is on the 4th. I imagine I'll get in a few more puzzles this evening.

Have fun. - Gail

If you've got to give up something...

I hope you find many ways to better yourself with the extra time.

See you April 4th!

Lurker

Comment

Lent

I was never allowed to give up anything that was good for me for Lent

Comment

Oh, I feel like I have to give up something I enjoy. I really have been enjoying doing the cryptograms, so it was a likely candidate. - Gail

Comment

giving up?

I find it so interesting, as a formerly "practicing catholic", that so many of you young folks are intent on giving something up that you like to do. My own daughter, who was for a very short time raised in this tradition, also does the same thing, which still mystifies me to this day, almost 35 yrs later, because she is not a practicing ANYTHING! For myself, I have thought that perhaps the best way to "celebrate" Lent is to do MORE....more of being kind, thoughtful, honest, sincere.....while at the same time celebrating being alive ( my thoughts are colored somewhat by having to put my beloved greyhound to sleep just yesterday, and the realization that life is really very short!) I will look forward to seeing you again.....but hope you change your mind!

Comment

gryhnd51, my sincere condolences on your loss. Navelle

Comment

so sorry

I'm so sorry about your doggie. Good Luck to you.

Comment

sad

That makes me so sad! I hope you are doing well and I offer my sincere condolences. Hugs!

Comment

Oh, I'm so sorry about your dog. I do know how badly that hurts, and what an empty space it leaves.

Just wanted to add that I'm not Catholic, and I'm certainly not young. I think that it's nice to do something FOR Lent, but I don't think sacrifice will hurt me. - Gail

Comment

We just had to have our old dog put down. She was a poi dog. Rescued.

If you take in a poor dog and make him prosperous you will have a friend for life.
                    This is the main difference between men and dogs.
                    S. L. Clemens

Comment

All dogs go to heaven

Might be some comfort

Comment

Comment

thanks

Thank you all for your sincere and heartfelt comments. We alll know that to share our lives with a beloved pet will more than likely end up in heartbreak. But at the same time, they enrich our lives so significantly!

best wishes to all of you

Beth

Comment

Oh, Greyhound Gail...

To share our lives with anyone beloved (man, woman, beast) will end in heartbreak.

And that is called... mortality.

It sort of sucks. And life is short.

On topic: I asked my friend, a practicing Catholic, what she intended to give up this Lent. The answer, verbatim: "being nasty."

She nailed it. What else matters? You wanna talk about giving up something enjoyable...

As for you, my galvanized friend, you want a heart. You don't know how lucky you are not to have one. Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.

Wizard of Oz
                            Andrea

Comment

Working...
                            X