Endless, scoreless circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endless, scoreless circle

I am getting the same 2 puzzles over and over and only the first one I played since logging on has shown up in the "recent games." HELP!

And... ?

So, why is that a problem, opallady? If you keep getting the same two puzzles over and over, you'll be the fastest solver of the month!

Comment

They weren't showing up in "recent games" or on the scoreboard. The problem seems to have been my browser (IE) which is very close to getting replaced with Firefox. Admin seems to have fixed it (my hero!) but things are still a little slow. Could be the site, my browser or the new Norton.

Comment

Norton, you're the greatest...

My other computer just had to undergo system recovery because it was infected with a dozen Trojans. This happened after 3 months of downloading torrents, even though I was using some good$ McAfee anti-virus protection. Last year, I had to do a system recovery after 4 months of downloading torrents, but my computer was only protected by FREE Malwarebytes anti-virus and FREE Lavasoft Ad-Aware. It makes me wonder why we're spending money on this stuff. If it crashes again, I think I'm going to try Ubuntu Linux, because they say it's far less likely to be invaded. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Ubuntu Linux

Go for it.

Our "Geek in Residence" (I rent a room) gives this OS two thumbs up, way up.

btw, the geek guy salvaged my computer twice in 12 months (Trojans galore), and he has installed free utilities plus firewall.

Why pay Norton or McAfee the big bucks?

Beats me.

Comment

If you are afraid to try Linux all the way, check out Wubi, which runs as a program on your windows distribution. That way, if you don't like Ubuntu, you can just uninstall it, and windows is back!

Comment

Thanks for the information, Nic Freed, but what I really want to know is if I use this WUBI, which seems to come from a Microsoft Windows source, will it still make me safe from Trojans, worms and viruses which would normally attack Windows? Am I better off just downloading Ubuntu Linux? Have you ever used this Op/Sys yourself? And were you ever attacked by invasive things that made you have to do a system recovery?

Comment

Working...
              X