• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intro

1. Name
    Mark Bersalona

2. Why you are here
    I'm developing a cryptogram application for iPhone - a dictionary lookup tool, not a game (so I'm not competing with the Cryptograms.org app!) - and needed to test it against lots of cryptograms; found my way to this site and am having a blast "testing" the app against cryptograms I wouldn't have a chance solving otherwise, though I am finding my cryptogram solving skills are improving. Love how the online puzzles fill in all the matching letters, saves a lot of time by not needing to copy to paper and all. I'm still amazed other folks are solving puzzles in under 30 seconds??

3. Random fact(s) about you
    Only learned how to use chopsticks about 3 years ago; I think its an elegant way to eat versus poking miniature pitchforks and shovels into your mouth, at least as long as the food is suitable for chopsticks.

4. Favorite ice-cream flavor
    Cookies and cream

5. A deep dark secret coded in a cryptogram
    Ummmm...

Comment

Heyo

Hi, I am back! You might be wondering who I am: I am Cryptoid :P

I lost interest for a while, but I am back again, yay

Comment

aka

Have you changed your mind about your favorite ice cream? Do you have any new cats?

Comment

Originally posted by bansaisequoia View Post
          Have you changed your mind about your favorite ice cream? Do you have any new cats?

As a matter of fact, yes on both regards! I have three cats now! Goofy, Hannah, and Dakota

In fact, there is also a funny story with Dakota:

We didn't exactly choose to get him... You see, my stepdad was driving through a parking lot when a young kitten crossed the road in front of him. He slammed on the brakes, and the kitten passed by without noticing a thing (he was fine). So, my stepdad got out of the car to see if the cat was OK, and he couldn't find him anywhere! So, after searching for a while, he assumed the kitten had run off, so he got back in his car and drove off. He proceeded to drive to his job for a short visit so he could pick up his check, which was far away, and he had to go over two big bridges to get there... Then he drove to the grocery store, and then all the way back home. Then, for some reason he heard a meowing sound. It turns out the cat had lodged in the spare-tire's compartment the entire time! It is amazing he is still alive today

Also, I am Vegan now, so I can't have Ice Cream anymore

Oh well, Vegan Ice Cream tastes good too ^_^

--Nic

Comment

Why not

Goofy, Hannah & Dakota sound like great names for cats!

Comment

Been lurking for a couple yrs. I have been doing cryptograms for about 15 yrs. I prefer printable cryptos. So many Ice creams, too little time, I'm still looking. My cryptogram is: NBKL CQLBGJ PBVPLQ GZQUAUXQ

Comment

1. Name:
                TDog

2. Why you are here:
                Checking out the best source of Cryptograms on the 'net.

3. Random fact(s) about you:
                I do transcriptions, data entry, programming, and paint-by-numbers.

4. Favorite ice-cream flavor:
                Rocky-road

5. A deep dark secret coded in a cryptogram:
                G KWYJYPGLH MYU KJJ XTH KRPHU G TKIH SKVDHA. G FYR'X NH NKSQ. TKWWE PKBGRP.

-TDog

Comment

1. Angela
                  2. I love puzzles, especially word puzzles.
                  3. I'm getting married in less than a year!
                  4. Currently, mint chocolate chip (but that wasn't always the case)
                  5. M cjwvve kwsp cjh-djwhjh owomjb.

Comment

Name: Eng_Heema

Reason: Some brain excersice
                    Random Facts: I program in C#.net and in the path of body language and all that mentalism stuff
                    Fav. Ice Cream: Vanilla/Mango
                    Secret(Well it is not the ultimate dark kept secert ):

C KOWIV CU HU YUACUYYBCUA QGPPYAY

Please let me know if someone solves it

Small question please, how is it possible to solve the cryptos. in less than 15 seconds?? There must be something wrong

Comment

You study in an engineering college

There's nothing wrong; fast typing, good memories, are the skills needed.

Comment

eng_heema, we all know you go to some sort of engineering school, but you have a crypto which has 5 characters which appear nowhere else in your cryptogram. Can you tell us what those other 5 characters represent? In other words, what do they mean?

Comment

Name: Doomspark
                          Why am I here: Google put me here.
                          Random fact: I write sonnets
                          Favorite ice cream flavor: Butter pecan

Comment

Greetings from Senior Land

OldManDave is my tag.

Did cryptograms at the dinner table with my grandparents when I was a young-in...MANY MANY YEARS AGO

I am retired for the last 5 years... went out when I hit 55 with 36 years on the job...Retired Letter Carrier...and I never went Postal...LOL ...Work out at the gym at least 3 days a week.

Breyers Chocolate...!

R-LT-FSBBVPECX-YBRERPW-TX-HRBME-JZZG

Comment

1. Name- James

2. Why you are here- One day I wondered if there was a cool cryptogram website. There was.... and I became addicted.

3. Random fact(s) about you- I've only sported the biker stache twice.

4. Favorite ice-cream flavor- I like cookie dough, coffee, etc., rarely eat it, never drink coffee either, oddly enough.

5. A deep dark secret coded in a cryptogram-

Elzkyezrvmp ky m lfpmgrkh mqkug alr fyuy arzhy qksu grzsgrzs mgh arzvquarzo.

Hint- o=p

Comment

Hi my name is Palma and I go by pevans01
                                I live in beautiful upstate NY...the Fingerlakes
                                I am a nurse injured @ work and on disability...and comp since 1998.
                                I truly miss working.
                                I love solving these but my times aren't very good as I am a hunt and peck

Comment

Working...
                                X