New quotes coming soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New quotes coming soon!

Just a quick post to let everyone know that a new library of about 13,000 brand new quotes will be added to the site shortly. This will increase the overall library size by just under 50%, and should give the long-time-players some new meat to chew on for a while.

Note that this also means that one out of every three or so puzzles you'll play will have no statistics displayed for it. We'll only display stats on these new puzzles once we've got a good base of several hundred data points for each one.

I'm hoping to get this installed over the weekend.

Enjoy!

Stephen

Woot!

--------------------------------

Comment

Yippee

Comment

Ah well, couldn't wait - installed the new quotes just now. We now top out at 40,000 different quotes in all - up from 27,000 previously.

I've gone through all these new quotes with a fine-toothed comb, checking each to make sure it wasn't a duplicate of something we already had, and doing my best to weed out spelling and transcription errors. That said, I'm sure a few "oops" have slipped through the cracks. Please report bad quotes if you come across them.

Thanks, and happy solving!

Comment

YAY!!! I suck, but I can't wait to learn from these! Once again, YAY!!!

Comment

New Quotes

Thank you Stephen. I just had a few of the new quotes and am looking forward to seeing more. Now I'll be spending way too much time solving cryptograms this week-end. It also gives me an excuse to continue to procrastinate on doing my taxes.

Comment

Hi again -

It's been a little more than a month since we released the newest batch of 13,000 quotes, and I think we're at the point now where we've got enough data-points for each that we can start formulating averages and records for most of them. Our little stat-script is currently crunching away the numbers on just over 2 million solved puzzles from the past month, and should be finished in the next 10 hours or so. By then, just about every puzzle on the site should have an average score and a record-holder, a standard "bell-curve" chart, and best of all, each will now be eligible for new records to be set.

So, be prepared to see more and more of the "Flying Baron" animation over the coming weeks and months, as there will soon be just over 13,000 newly-minted records available to be (officially) broken.

Happy solving!

Stephen

Comment

New quotes coming soon!

Thank you.

Comment

New Quotes

Thanks, Stephen! I've seen the Baron fly several times today on the new quotes. Always an upper.

Comment

Thanks Stephen for all the new quotes. I've seen the airplane today more times than I have in all the months I've played. I know my records will be broken soon (probably by Bansai), but it's still great for the time being.

Comment

add me to the list of happy players!

yep ... you gotta love when the new quotes come out! when else can i see the 'thumbs-up' and flying banner after a 58 second solve time !! ? strangely enough, it's still very exciting! i guess when you see it as scarcely as i do, it will always be a thrill!

Comment

How often

are the records updated? If I get the record does it show to the next solver? Please clarify...thanks and a tip o' the hat.

Comment

Updated straight away. Thanks!

Comment

confusion

How often do you update speed records?
                            Some players think speed records go into the system immediately, is that correct?

Comment

All record times update immediately.

Comment

Working...
                              X