Typos in the new quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typos in the new quotes

Found one. Quote is by Gustave Flaubert. It's a fairly easy quote, so I'm not going to give it away, but the first word is entered as "Nnone" instead of "None".

Fixed, thanks! (Easiest to handle this via the commenting features, as you did before you posted to this form - those get emailed to me so I can deal with them quickly.)

Comment

Extreme obsessive compulsive nitpicking

Stephen, there is one typo that I've been trying to correct for several months. You have several quotes that are attributed to "Dag Hammarskjild." The actual name of this Nobelist and former UN Secretary General is "Dag Hjalmar Agne Carl Hammarskjöld." Here's a true story. In the 1970s, I wrote a letter to Dell Puzzle Magazines to get a pamphlet of tips about solving cryptos. Their Manhattan address at that time was on "Dag Hammarskjöld Plaza." That's why this guy's name always sticks in my mind.

Comment

And what about "Mae Zedong"? "She" still has several quotes attributed to "her".

I also found a new one that should say "Matt Stone and Trey Parker", but somehow got attributed to "Trey and Matt Stone Parker". Not sure if my correction was submitted properly.

Comment

Hi bansai and Lurker - both are now fixed. Thanks!

Comment

There's at least one quote floating around with a record time of 0 seconds, set by a guest. The one I got was attributed to a British civil servant. Anyone else?

Comment

yes

I had one by Ronald Reagan...record time 0 seconds by guest

Comment

Those "0" records should be fixed now - about 100 of them slipped through last night's script and have been fixed this morning. Sorry about that!

Comment

Working...
                X