Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this site is WAY better than paper-and-pencil puzzles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this site is WAY better than paper-and-pencil puzzles!

reasons why this site is better than traditional paper and pencil puzzles:

1) it fills in all the letters for you, so you don't make a stupid mistake in the puzzle

2) it tells you letter frequencies, so you don't have to look at this on your own.

3) it lets you know which letters haven't been used (on paper and pencil puzzles you literally have to go all the way through the alphabet to get this info).

4) most important: because of all these neat features, you can solve more puzzles in a given time period!

The only time I will ever do paper and pencil cryptograms is at home: since I don't have a computer, I have to print off puzzles to take home with me.

the "reset" button is cool, too!

I love the "reset" button! No more scribbles and having to write the puzzles out again in order to start all over. I know I am stating the obvious when I talk about the superiority of on-line cryptograms versus pencil-and-paper types!

Comment

Wow, what an endorsement!

Kimmie is officially an online crypto-convert.

So much for, "I only print them out and do them when I get home". "I love taking hours to do cryptos in pencil." [paraphrasing]

Welcome to the club, Kimmie!

Comment

Now it's time for an avatar

Comment

Ours is not to reason why

reasons why this site is better than traditional paper and pencil puzzles:

You can't post lolcat on a traditional paper and pencil puzzle!!!

Comment

And you can't get this scintillating repertoire of conversation with paper-and-pencil puzzles!

Comment

Way better

And just look at the interaction & comradeship

Comment

bad

Not only that, but as a left-hander, I have a total aversion to pencils. They get graphite all over the heel of my hand and make it look awful. And pencils smell really bad. Can we do something about the reek of pencils?

Comment

this site is way better

Isn't part of puzzle solving keeping your wits about you so as to negate mistakes?

Comment

Yeah, like all those nasty typing errors

Comment

Working...
                    X