Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the day: Who is Mal Pancoast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the day: Who is Mal Pancoast?

We're in the middle of re-organizing our cryptogram database, and part of that task entails cobbling together short biographical information and images of as many of our authors as possible. One in particular though is confounding me, and I thought maybe someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.

Who the heck is "Mal Pancoast"?

This person appears to exist only in the world of quotations, as far as Google is concerned. My only guess is that the name got corrupted somewhere down the line - the obvious guess being "Mel" instead of "Mal", but I'm getting no hits there either.

Anyway, thought I'd throw it out to the group - thanks!

Hi Stephen,
    I spent some minutes googling as well. All I could come up with was a motivational speaker named Malachi Pancoast who gives seminars to school administrators. I couldn't even find a book published by him, just lots of quotes. I don't know if this is the person you're trying to find. http://www.the-breakthrough-coach.com/pages/bios.php

Comment

Thanks Lily, I believe you've found him! :-)

Comment

And another thing...

While you're going through the database, can you put stats to the ten or so quotes that are floating around without any? I have good times on some of them!

Comment

drop quotes

hey steve that Drop Quotes site is kinda fun! it's hard tho. i hope i get better at it, im pretty pathetic right now. some of the problem is with my computer at work tho (i know...excuses excuses!) anyway its fun.

Comment

part of that task entails cobbling together short biographical information and images of as many of our authors as possible
            kewl!!! You've probably noticed that I feel lots of colorful images really help to brighten up a website.

Comment

Internet hoax

Aaaand... getting back to the original purpose of this thread, I'm beginning to think that this Malachi or Mal Pancoast may be an internet hoax. Someone fabricated this fictitious identity on a web page and made it rise through the ranks of search engine precedence by a net guerrilla tactic known as "Google Bombing."

My best guess is that these are actually folk aphorisms from the people of the Manalapan Coast.

Who dares to refute me?

Comment

Working...
              X