Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I get a lot fewer points when I solve a puzzle really fast than when I step out for a bit and come back and solve it, say 500 seconds later?

the length of the quote

short quotes are worth more

Comment

re: points

Thanks, I know... sorry, what I meant was when the average is like, 120, and I solve it in 30, I get very few points, but if I'm way over the average I still get 250 points.

Comment

I've noticed that the speed at which you solve a puzzle has a negligible effect on the score you get. I've solved a couple in under 20 seconds and not gotten any special rewards. The more difficult (i.e. the shorter) the puzzle, the more points you get for it, regardless of speed. The time only really shows for me if I get super stumped and walk away from a puzzle for a day or two. I come back, finally solve it (10s of 1000s of seconds later) and only get 10 points. So I won't get fastest solver, but I'll keep my flawless record

Comment

?

You can come back to a puzzle after a day or two?

Comment

in make believe land

yes you can. here though two hours i read. it stayed for two hours. then vanished to remain unsolved. so two days? yok.

in further study it turns out that if you leave the puzzle sitting there and do not log off yep you can come back to it after a couple of days. erm, sorry. my bad.

although one must ask oneself, why? what is the reason...ha, get it?

Comment

Working...
            X