A Question of Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question of Time?

With all the new quotes still being solved without stats, does your time get affected should you solve them at a very fast/slow speed?

And how exactly is solve time calculated?
    For instance...if one is at 32 seconds avg solve time, and solves a quote in under 32 seconds does that lower the avg time? OR
    Does the time have to be under the avg solve time set OR
    Under the record solve time set?

Im just curious as to how the times are calculated? Many of us notice when we get stuck our time increases immediately, but it takes quite some time before it lowers again if we solve quickly. I do realize that the number of puzzles solved is part of that equation.

Anyone happen to know how its figured out?

Thanks

Time is an affliction; the aeons are closing

My solution is to ignore any quotes that are taking longer than 90 seconds to solve, and giving up on a 100% solution rate. I'd rather have a 20-second solve time and a 95% solution rate.

Comment

Bansai !??

Comment

My solution is to ignore any quotes that are taking longer than 90 seconds to solve, and giving up on a 100% solution rate. I'd rather have a 20-second solve time and a 95% solution rate.

I assume that's all hypothetical, did you really ever have a solve time of anything approaching 90 seconds? I'd be shocked and awed.

Comment

Question?

Admin,

A member asked a really good question the other day...
          How often do the stats change on the quotes?
          Are they updated as each solve goes through (or unsolve) or is it done on a server update basis?

Comment

Working...
          X