Pootie's Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pootie's Surgery

Hi everyone, as some of you may already know and others of you may have gathered from our conversations in the chat box, Pootie (Donna) is very seriously ill. She suffers from a heart disorder and was recently diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer. She is scheduled for outpatient surgery on Thursday, April 14th. I hope you will join me in wishing her a speedy recovery.

Good luck with your surgery, Pootie. I hope you are feeling better soon. Love ya, Lily

Best wishes, pootie! We're all pulling for you...

Comment

I hope your surgery goes as planned and you have a routine, speedy recovery. Rest all you want and don't let anyone tell you to get busy too soon. (Unless it's your doctor, of course.)

Comment

We'll be thinking about you Donna. Get well, and then come back and keep kicking our butts!

-Jim

Comment

I'm lurking around, and read about Pootie's surgery, and wanted to tell her that I will keep her in my prayers, that the surgery will go well and her recovery will be quick. - Gail

Comment

Poots, my big brother in Wisconsin just underwent radiation, chemo and surgery in the past 6 months, but now he's doin' okey-dokey. (colloquial Wisconsinism). I know everything's gonna be just fine with you, too.

Comment

Thank You All!!

Thank you all so very much for your kind thoughts and words.

It does mean alot and I am grateful for your support.

I'm nervous, but otherwise doing okay.

I will of course be back as soon as I can.

Everyone please take care. And pleasant solving.

(Lily: Thanks hon. You're a good pal!)

PSA: To all the women on site...please get checked by your doctors. Get a pap test done every six months if you are over forty.
              Sometimes the test wont find ovarian cancer however, it can alert the doctor to any abnormalities.
              I believe in the US you have something called Well visits? Even if you feel ok, it never hurts to see your doctor.
              And if you are experiencing any pain, in the groin, stomach and lower back, let your docs know.
              Unfortunately its too late for me. We take care of all the people in our lives...take the time to care of yourself, ladies.
              Thanks for letting me say this. I hope it helps someone.

Comment

Get Well

Somehow I missed the chats about all your troubles, Pootie. Sorry 'bout that. I hope your surgery and treatment go well and your recovery is quick. Best Wishes. Opallady

Comment

Best wishes

Dear Donna,

Both Barb and I were stunned to learn of your situation. We are very sad about what is going on with you, and also how you were treated so brutally by someone who supposedly cared for you.

You are in our thoughts and sincerely hope that you stick around for many more championship flags as a cryptogram supremo champ.

With love from us both!

Comment

Thank you

Thank you I appreciate your kind words and support.

I hope your trip is going well, and look forward to your return.

Take care you two.

Comment

Go Pootie!

Donna, as you know, I rarely come here to do anything but solve puzzles ... so I just became aware that you are about to undergo surgery. I'm sorry to be late in sending you my best wishes. You must tough through this. You have an amazing mind, and you can use it to push hard against whatever is challenging you. Plus ... you have so many other tough minds here beaming every good thought your way, you are sure to come through all this messiness like the champion you are. I'm still looking forward to reading the novels you promised me you would write. Keep on keepin' on!

Comment

Thanks so much!

Its nice to see you again. In the forums, lol.

As I explained in my pm the surgery went very well and I thank you for your kind thoughts and positive support. As I do everyone on site who is aware of this.

Its greatly and humbly appreciated.

Thanks Countess...very much.

Ps re the novels, they might be novellas, even er articles at this point Countess, lol.
                        But I will try and write something for you. Not that I talk alot or anything, ever, nope not me. lol.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. Im doing much better right now.
                          They were very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                          X