Bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios

I LOVE the bios, I like the cryptos for their wise, witty or inspiring answers as much as the solve.
    Sometimes, I used to Google the quoted historical figure.

The bios can be interesting. I like to check the dates of their birth and death and then try to decide if their quote would be as relevant today as it was when the quote was originally made. For example, a Mr. Bierce (who's been dead for a century or so) said in part... "History is written by [among other things] soldiers who are fools." I thought about the recent finding and killing of Osama bin Laden and posted a comment, something to the effect that maybe Mr. Bierce should avoid introducing himself to any Navy SEALs who currently happen to be there in heaven with him. But, I'm sure at the time Mr. Pirece said what he said, there must have been something turning over in his mind in order to make such a comment.

Comment

Bio's are great!

I also love the bios that are posted. They add a whole new dimension for me, at least. Many of the quotes are funny, many more are inspirational, and I also used to take the time to google some of the authors. Life is a learning process, and Admin added a new dimension to this site with the addition of bio's and pics. Thanks Stephen!

Comment

Working...
      X