spiffier jazzier cryptograms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiffier jazzier cryptograms?

I like working the cryptograms at this site, but I get tired of the quotations & sayings I find by solving them. Individually some of them inspire, amuse, enlighten. Cumulatively, they become ponderous, pompous, moralistic. Does anyone know of a livelier cryptogram site?

Have you tried hepcatcriptosdaddio.net??? It's what the kids are diggin' these days!!

(by the way, how is it that a user whose profile says they have attempted just one cryptogram knows so much about the tenor of the quotes on this site to make a generalization, such as that they are "ponderous?")

Comment

"She refused to be bored, chiefly because she wasn't boring." - Zelda Fitzgerald

One of the ways to get over the hump of the pompous and moralistic quotes you solve here is to add your own comments, insights, or humorous thoughts about the quotes once you've solved them. Solving them remains fun, and you get to see what other solvers have posted about the quote, too.

Comment

Hai!

...er besides aint they sposed to make us ponder???

Comment

spiffier jazzier crytograms

So Horace and Virgil may be ponderous, but it is the fact that most of us have never read them that makes solving their sayings a real contest. I suppose it would be jazzier to solve a cryptogram such as "frankly ........, , ,,,', ,,,, , ,,,," but what's the point.? Jazzier quotes may be so familiar there's no contest at all.

Comment

spiffier jazzier cryptograms?

I've been playing this site quite awhile (I did "solf dis meny qwotes"!) & just registered to ask my question in the forum. Maybe commenting on the quotes would help. I'll occasionally visit another crypto site I've just found, where you choose your puzzle by author. When Friedrich Nietzsche follows Ellen DeGeneres, I'm interested. Being curious about the content is, for me, also part of the interest in solving the puzzle.

I don't know the quotes there, but the cryptograms are, indeed, much less challenging - not least because some letters are already loaded in the puzzle as hints. Well, it makes a break from pomp[ousness].

Thanks for responding.

Comment

I had forgotten poodle skirts!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X