quotations out of context

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quotations out of context

This time it's Obama on Lincoln. If you get that puzzle, search the web for the context. Bad enough to find this stuff in the news: one politician taking another politician's words out of context, till the quotation speaks backwards, so to speak, from its original meaning. And repeating it near-endlessly. I don't care which end of the political spectrum it comes from: I don't like it. D*mn crummy to find it now in the cryptograms.

I think it would alleviate your level of frustration if you were to keep in mind that this is a GAME!

Comment

I don't forget that. It's the solving I like. (I don't compete, even against myself.) I do read the quotations. No game I know of could subtract meaning from the words I read. This quotation? Highly politicized, it arrives here in the midst of a fire-hot election. Campaign people are running their fingers down every line of text the candidates have spoken or written - looking for statements that will get big traction as long as they're out of context. I don't ignore that. And I did hold myself to "I don't like it" and "D*mn crummy to find it [here]." If I were counting points in this game, I'd give myself a couple extra for restraint.

It might alleviate your level of irritation to skip over comments from this username. And thanks (really) for responding to my comment.

Comment

Working...
      X