problems with internet has stopped working message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with internet has stopped working message

when I play cryptograms, my computer will shut down the program, and always in the middle of a puzzle . It only happens when I am playing cryptograms. I have tried to solve this problem, but I am not really computer savvy. any suggestions?

Michaelbackhoe,

A lot of us have had problems with the cryptogram site when using Internet Explorer. It would drop me in the middle of a puzzle; sometimes 2 or 3 times in one puzzle. And it was slow. I switched browsers. Google Chrome and Firefox have been working fine and fast. See the thread Windows 8.1 IE 11 for more info.

Good luck
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

thanks, I should have read the other posts, but like I said, I am not computer savvy. I have an older computer with windows 7, but I will give google chrome a try. thanks again

Comment

internet shutdown

I am glad to know this too. I keep getting docked for a missed puzzle because it shuts down in the middle of one. Good to know what to do.

Comment

I am unable to download google chrome.

Comment

I switched to Firefox and then Chrome, because IE got so that it was shutting down every 3 or 4 minutes. I've had the problem before but this go-round was much worse. My percentage went down into the low 80s. I'm nowhere near a 100%er but I'm usually around 94%.

I knew I had the problem, but I never knew that it was actually only a problem with this site. How could I not have known that? Anyway, I've just upgraded my computer and it's speeding along. Any problems with my score, are all me and not the browser.

Comment

I switched to firefox, problem solved. thanks, now if I can just get the font right........

Comment

I had the same issues with Explorer. I switched to Firefox, with NoScript, and no more troubles

Comment

Working...
                X