X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• universalmom
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
    U-Mom, did you get the avatar thing figured out? What with this particular thread, I (and probably a few others) am curious as to what you selected for an avatar.
    No, I'm still stumped! I'm about as tech-savvy as...well, as the reef triggerfish I selected Scuba and free-diving make me really happy, so I thought a sea creature was the right avatar for me. (That could be a fun thread - hobbies?)

Leave a comment:

• wvwoman
    replied
    that just reminded me that i've always wondered the same thing about jenandbrent!

Leave a comment:

• abra
    replied
    Well, I always wondered about Oddcouple, whether it was two people or one, and male, female, or possibly both if there were TWO. Now we know.

Barnabas, how interesting, and here's a third vote for you as the "winner".

Leave a comment:

• Barnabas
    Guest replied
    U-Mom, did you get the avatar thing figured out? What with this particular thread, I (and probably a few others) am curious as to what you selected for an avatar.

Leave a comment:

• wvwoman
    replied
    and you, universalmom, win for "most fun forum topic"!! i'm basing it on my opinion in my time here.

Leave a comment:

• universalmom
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by wvwoman View Post
    i gotta say, barnabas, if there were a prize for this topic, you've won it!
    That was my first thought too - "Dude, you win!" Reading all these stories is REALLY fun

Leave a comment:

• Barnabas
    Guest replied
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, WV.... I love those bats!

Leave a comment:

• wvwoman
    replied
    i gotta say, barnabas, if there were a prize for this topic, you've won it!

Leave a comment:

• Barnabas
    Guest replied
    I'm a person who likes to laugh at myself, and so my moniker is meant to be a humorous jab at me and my profession. I'm a mortician. Of all the errant preconceptions that people have about my line of work (and there are many), the preconceptions that are really the most "out there" are usually those regarding embalming. And so, in acknowledgment of the very funny things I've heard from folks about what they think I do in the embalming room, I chose to be a vampire, and because I remember runnning home from school in the 1960s just so I could catch the last 5 minutes of Dark Shadows I went with the name Barnabas.

Leave a comment:

• Lurker
    replied
    Netflix and/or Hulu. Stuff that isn't available on DVD is sometimes on YouTube. The episodes are off old VCR recordings and usually split in several pieces, but you do get to see the show - and very old commercials! Gotta love the internet!

Leave a comment:

• wvwoman
    replied
    i LOVED that tv show! haven't seen any reruns in several years---it's about time to watch them again--who should we talk to?!!

Leave a comment:

• oddcouple
    replied
    Born in the 50's, I loved watching the TV comedies of the 60's. I tried one TV comedy name which was taken. Oddcouple was my second attempt, this one successful. Obviously it's an homage to Jack Klugman and Tony Randall.
    David

Leave a comment:

• universalmom
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Gifted View Post
    Choosing a user name was an opportunity to give myself a name that no one else would give me. Perhaps that might be childish, but I like it. When I was a child, I never made it into the "Gifted and Talented" classes, but on this website, no one objects to calling me "Gifted" do you?
    You're absolutely "Gifted!" What did those teachers know anyway?

Leave a comment:

• universalmom
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by montyb View Post
    I always liked the name "Monty". Not because of Monty Python, but for the same reason the Pythons chose Monty; it sounded like the kind of mate you could have a pint with at any pub. The real Monty of the family is our beagle (see my profile page). I am therefore the "B" version. Hence, Montyb.

This is a fun thread.
    My dad's name was Monte (pronounced Monty), so it's an awesome name to me too! I always smile when I see your posts

Leave a comment:

• wvwoman
    replied
    i'm curious about maradnu.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X