not 100 percent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not 100 percent

i wonder what is going on because we are getting very low solving percentages. Last year we made cryptogram history by getting 100 percent all of the top 20 players two months in a row

several reasons come to mind. sometimes the site crashes, sometimes we double click and miss the first puzzle, sometimes we are striving for speed rather than solve rate, and sometimes the puzzles are just too hard too solve

Comment

Counting people in the middle of a quote, I see 20. It's usually in the low 20s at the start of the month. Then, there are the usual 100%-ers like me who haven't been playing enough to get in the top 50. Maybe some of the others are on spring break.

Comment

Stastistics

Any time you take a snapshot of a long-term statistical analysis, you have to remember that actual data will fluctuate around the mean. These fluctuations should not be considered a trend; they are as illusory as a baseball player's "slump".
        "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe I don't understand the question, but I am usually in the top 20 and I've NEVER been a 100% er. I'm usually around 94%. I don't understand how all of the top 20 could have been at 100% because I never was close. But as I said, maybe I didn't understand the question .

Comment

it really did happen

Abra, there was a 2 month period last year when every single person in the top 20 actually had a 100% solve rate. It was an anomaly, I think. I'm pretty sure it had never happened before.

Comment

I thought that Locodad was talking about, the high scores for the month. I guess he must have meant at some point during the month???

Comment

at the end of the month for 2 consecutive months the top 20 scorers had 100 percent solving percentage. I don't remember the months but you could look them up, I think thy were somewhere in the middle of the year, I know I was one of them on both months

Comment

Okay, I think I've figured out, what I'm not getting.

I'm talking about the High Score Competition, and you must be talking about Success Rate. I'm so sorry to be so obtuse

I'd never be in the top 20 for that.

Comment

I am unobtusing you so smile. I admire people who don't do very well and keep on doing it every month, I would have quit a long time ago

Comment

Hmmm, I've always been pretty happy with my accomplishments here. I guess I just don't have a 100%er personality, so I probably won't give up and go away any time soon.

Comment

the 100%er personality has always effected me to some extent. when my daughter was just a little girl, she would start a jigsaw puzzle, and then leave it unfinished. when she would come back to it, I would have already finished it for her. an unsolved puzzle is an unfinished puzzle, it would drive me crazy

Comment

Working...
                        X