What is up with this box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is up with this box?

I'm doing a long quote by Gadhafi, and I know what the quote is. All I'm missing are filling out two blank boxes where dashes should be- no more letters belong in this completed quote.

Underneath the box looks like:

__

Whats going on here? My score is absolutely ruined.

You're missing a letter. The 2 is a frequency marker. Without seeing the quote, I'm going to guess the letter is a U, with the English/Canadian spelling of something like honor/honour.

Sorry about your score. A quicker way to get help is to post your problem in the Chat Box. Players check there more frequently so they can also see who else is playing.

Comment

The boxes aren't in the words, they are separate.

The letters are set up like this:
      __
      E

these boxes have no letter, just a number.

___

Comment

That's weird. If numbers are in the middle of a quote but not in boxes, they aren't meant to be solved. Like years or percentages. That doesn't sound like what you encountered, just putting it out there as a possibility.

If you believe it to be a glitch, take a screenshot and email it to Admin. He can use the url to track down the offending page and fix it for future users. Doesn't help you any, but it won't happen again.

Comment

Thanks, I'll do that!

Comment

you didn't mention...

i'm just curious--did you try putting dashes in those spots to see if it would work?

Comment

Yes. I tried dashes, and ampersands, and any other punctuation I could think of. Zilch!

Comment

ugh! i'll be interested to hear what admin says about it.

Comment

I'll be sure to update if I get a response.

This is the cryptogram in question:

Comment

Puffer,

You do have an error in the puzzle. The next to last word should be "few" instead of "new". As to the boxes with the 2 under them, I haven't a clue.
                    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Sorry, monty is right about there being a mistake. Still, I don't know if it would allow you to solve without filling in all the boxes. It looks like whoever entered it accidentally created boxes above punctuation marks. Bummer that placing the correct dashes didn't work.

Comment

Did you try 2 periods w/o a space between them?
                        ie: there are signs..

Comment

an ellipsis has 3 dots...

Comment

Originally posted by montyb View Post
                            Puffer,

You do have an error in the puzzle. The next to last word should be "few" instead of "new". As to the boxes with the 2 under them, I haven't a clue.
                            Oh wow, I didn't even catch that, thanks!

Comment

I suggested 2 dots because of the number 2 under the box.

Comment

Working...
                              X