Fun games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun games

[I]To me the best games and sports that I ever played were street games where there wasn't many rules you just went along with the game. My favorite sport and play was in a baseball field that finished in a basketball court at the local junior high school. I was playing right field and the batter hits the ball to right center field and I was the closest player to the ball. On that field there wasn't a fence or wall or fence to stop the ball so the ball just kept rolling until it got to the basketball courts. I ran a long way from my position till I got to the ball and had to backhanded the ball so it wouldn't keep on going any further. I had a great throwing arm and I thought I could throw the ball all the way to home plate even though my teamates were yelling to throw them the ball but I didn't throw it to them. I had a little obstacle in front of me though, a basketball net in front of me but instead going around the basket I decided to throw the ball over the backboard and when I threw the ball I miscalculated and hit the backboard and the ball richoted and went backwards. All the guys on both teams fell to the ground laughing. The only regret I had was that nobody had a video camera because I could won some money on Americas"s Funniest Videos, I don"t even Know if the batter scored ever scored on the play. Sometimes we are two serious in this forum so I would love to read your sports or games stories, besides I got a few more to share including that I protested a game

backyard water lift

In 1960, we had a backyard pool that was about 20 inches deep and about 7 feet in diameter. Using an inflated inner tube (from a car), I sat in the tube, in the center of the pool, while my brother pushed the inner tube down, making all the water swish up the sides of the pool. Then the water from the sides all swooshed back down again, creating a column of water in the center, which lifted me about four feet in the air. This ride would continue, alternating from touchdown to lift-off. We all took turns having the ride of our little lives.

Comment

Thresa, sounds like you flew into space before Yuri Gagarin. That game sounds way kewl! My favorite games in 2014--I like to go to Starbucks and place an order and then tell them my name is Spartacus. When the barista says, "I have a Venti Caramel Flan Frappuccino with protein powder and a dollop of whip cream for Spartacus," I say, "I am Spartacus!"

I also like to go to Sears or K-Mart and tell the cashier, "I don't want to give my phone number or e-mail address to your Machiavellian CEO. My life is already Orwellian enough. I'm not interested in a credit card. I'm interested in you expeditiously ringing up my purchase. I understand you're just doing your job." I'm trying to start a movement.

Comment

bansai if that's your picture on top you might want to quit your modeling job, yeah I don't like you making competition with my numero1 chicken legs

Comment

32-0 fina[ in basketball. This guy challenged me to a game (because he thought he could beat embarass me in the game.I am not a good shooter but I always been a good defender,plus I was bigger than him

Comment

Naaahh!

Actually, I don't look anything like Chris Hemsworth or Kirk Douglas. I look more like a pervasive Big Brother. And, lately, I have been doing 150kg calf presses at the gym, even though I get my Senior discount at Denny's in 2 years and my AARP Card is 3 years old. I hope I live long enough to really be one of those retired people!

(Does this picture make my face look fat??)

Comment

bansai, you don't look as old as those number imply! (not fat in the face either, lol!)

Comment

bansai ther is something missing in your face besides a smile,a few wrinkles which unfortunately most of us have. I don't believe in being old as far as I am concerned because if you are a lazy person you will get old pretty soon. I still play basketball with my son and for a while I can keep up with him. During the summer I love to play volleyball in the park

Comment

Working...
                X