Server Error! Help admin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Error! Help admin!

Play won't load, and the two times I pressed it counted on my score like failed attempts, spoiling my precious 100% success reate Recent games won't load either. Help!

Admin help!

Now (5 mins later) Recent games loads, but all are listed as completed. Still, my score includes two missed cryptograms, that never happened!

Comment

I'm so sorry you lost your 100%. Almost everyone here knows how it feels when the server screws up and things go wrong....it definitely sucks! Those are the times when it's most important to remind yourself that this is JUST a game.

Comment

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I had the same problem yesterday. By the time I noticed I could reload the puzzle, 90 minutes had passed. So much for my time this month. Did not get a double load, though, and I was able to finish the one abandoned puzzle.

Comment

Monty, it took me a bit of time to stop laughing long enough to be coherent.

THAT WAS HYSTERICALLY FUNNY!!!

Comment

Server Error! Help admin!

That is indeed funny! Good one, Montyb.

Comment

Hahaha monty, that's hilarious!

Comment

I feel for you, Ioannasmen. I had the same experience last month - kept hitting "play" without realizing that every time I did that, I got another puzzle subtracted from my total. Ended up missing about six puzzles that I never even saw.

Comment

I had a similar problem. I contacted customer support and they fixed it. They had to 'debug' something or other, but it got fixed and hasn't happened again.

Loved the picture montyb!!!

Comment

I think I have the same problem, I clicked on "Try another cryptogram" (the page was still open from yesterday) and only got a server error. Now my 100% is gone, but the game doesn't appear in my Recent Games.
                      Is there a chance to fix it? If so, how do I contact support? (The "questions or comments" form at the bottom of the page? Or the forum admin contact form?)

Of course maybe I should NOT try to fix it, because if the 100% is gone for good anyway, I could just skip difficult cryptograms in the future instead of being obsessed with "must solve ALL of them"...

Comment

Same thing happened to me today, and I lost my 100% success rate...

But don't worry, ConfusedCat, your 100% is not gone for good anyway. Once you have solved enough puzzles, the few unsolved ones will have less effect, and your success rate will go back to 100%. Check the "Hall of fame" results - there are many people there with total success rate of 100%, but you can see that none of them have the exact same amount of puzzles in "Played" and "Solved" columns.

Comment

Thanks, Yorkies Rule. I just realized that Forum might be a good place to get help with this problem.

Comment

As a general rule, PM-ing or emailing Admin (find the username in the members' list) is the fastest way to get a response. Stephen manages an ever-growing number of Puzzle Baron sites. We're the chattiest because the puzzles are so short, but every site has issues at some point. It's best to bring them to his attention directly and he'll get to it as soon as he is able.

Comment

I've always found that contacting Stephen through the "questions/comments" at the bottom of each page was the most effective. At least that's been my experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X