How long has this been going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long has this been going on?

How long has there been a cryptograms.org? I know the site was re-set in 2008, shortly before I joined, so there are never any comments from before then -- so, when did this actually all start? Do we know who the senior-most member is?

And whatever happened to some of the players on the all-time list? I know we lost Pootie, which was terribly sad. But how about cknapp, the countess, laura, and kat? How about JCarlosCuevas, who apparently hasn't played since 2010, but some of whose records still stand? I hope they're all still out there, but it does make me wonder: are there people who are able to give up cryptogramming cold turkey after logging so many games?

Oops, I joined in 2010 -- misremembered that.

Comment

at the bottom of 'my scores' page, it says "Monthly competitions began in February 2007." perhaps that's it?

Comment

Ah, maybe that's right. Anyone out there disagree?

I'm always impressed by the people who joined just a year or two ago but are already climbing up the all-time list. (I'm looking at you, LLapp!) Seems like I have to run just to stay in place to hold my spot in the mid-sixties . . .

Comment

WHAT? I was not even watching that score. Oh my goodness, I need to get outta here and do some yard work.

Thank you for this intervention!

Comment

How long has this been going on?

I've been here since early 2011. I guess that makes me a relative newbie.

Comment

Puffybob, to answer your question about who the longest members are, I figured out how to look up the order of when new members joined.

Go to your profile page. At the end of the url is a number. That is your order in joining the site. Mine is 9,856, and I joined in 2009. You can replace that number with anything currently in use to find out who joined in that order. #1 is Admin, and 2 is jojo, who apparently hasn't played in years.

Comment

Lurker, that's a neat trick. I see I am #39,963 -- talk about coming late in the birth order. I started in August 2014, and I knew right away that I had found trouble.

Comment

Wow...I'm # 13 !!! Now I feel REALLY old.

Comment

I am number 20566, Thanks, Lurker, for this great information.

Comment

I joined in June 2009 at #10,462 so I remember some of the old timers. But then I took about 3 years off.

Comment

I am number 1427. I joined shortly after the all the stats were reset to zero after the Great Crash, so at least I didn't have to start all over again. I don't play now as much as I used to do.

Comment

I don't remember when I joined, but it must have been around the time jimdgar, did because I'm #10433. I think I played for a few weeks, then stopped. I came back later ??, maybe a couple of months or maybe longer, but I've been here every since.

Lurker, you always have such good information.

Comment

Here's another tidbit. Look at the top right of your post, under the #13. It says you joined in June 2009. And if you go under "My Scores", it tells you in your lifetime stats exactly the date you joined. Guess you joined a month after I did!

Comment

Opallady's number is 7. Check out her profile...she does great stained glass !

Comment

Working...
                              X