Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wvwoman
    replied
    "kick that crate over here, evvie, so i can put my feet up, and i'll tell you a humdinger!"

Leave a comment:

• Barnabas
    Guest replied
    Even now the memory of that summer day in 1956 seemed so clear, that day when Zeke, as a boy, had seen Trevor Rivers step off that empty boxcar with his knapsack.

Leave a comment:

• nanrich
    replied
    Yvette leaned back against her usual post and started to peel the orange. "Tell me a story about the ol' times, Gramps," she said. "Tell me one I haven't heard before."

Leave a comment:

• Lurker
    replied
    Over fifty years ago, as a young newlywed, Zeke had taken the well-paying three day run between Denver and Colorado Springs. The trip itself was not that long, but he was part of the loading crew, a dangerous job on an easy day. It meant only seeing his wife a few days at a time, but Zeke figured he could make enough in a year for them to buy a small home and start a family.

Leave a comment:

• puzzleme
    replied
    Ezekiel Johnstone had passed his love of trains on down to Yvette who knew her grandpop had been a brakeman on the first Big Boy to climb the nearby mountain; what she didn't know was that he was a hero, too.

Leave a comment:

• gryhnd51
    replied
    Every night when it was warm enough, Zeke and his grandchild Yvette spent hours on the front porch watching the trains run slowly out of town.

Leave a comment:

• wvwoman
    replied
    yvette gave a quick wave before catching the flying fruit in her well-worn catcher's mitt, then called out, "hey, gramps, wanna share an orange?"

Leave a comment:

• puzzleme
    started a topic Pootie Game Revived #2: The Kid

Pootie Game Revived #2: The Kid

As the slow-moving freight train rumbled past the back gate, one of the trainmen tossed an orange out the yellow caboose window and called out, "Here ya go, kid, tell your grandpappy Zeke says 'hey!'"
Working...
X